cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG | Replication via ALE (IDOC) to multiple Business Systems

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some help with a replication issue...

scenario:

I have configured a replication model via Idoc to multiple business systems

within a MDG for Customer scenario.

The replication in general is working fine with two available target systems. However since

I have activated the target system flag in the activity:

I will get the following problem...

issue:

The source system always creates and sends the idocs to all available systems

although i have selected a specific system on the UI-tab "Target Systems" .

Now my question is:

Is this a default behavior? Are there any additional

configuration steps which I have forgotten that only the selected target

system will receive the idocs?

or:

Is this a system error which can be solved with a SAP note?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best regards,

Flo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fio

Are you trying to replicate to some from multiple target systems?Are you mainting taget systems under IMG mode Define Technical Settings for Business Systems and Define Replication Models?

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes exactly, I defined all the possible business systems under IMG mode  Define Technical Settings for Business Systems and Define Replication Models.

However in my creation process (on the UI) I select one of these possible target systems. So I would expect that only for this one the idocs will be created. But that doesn't happen! The idocs for all systems will be created....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fio

I am not sure about check box of Target system in Create Change Request Type  but have you tried below

May be usful information for you

To set up MDG for the distribution of business partner master data from the hub system into client systems with lower CRM, SRM and ERP releases run this activity in Customizing for Master Data Governance under > Master Data Governance for Business Partner > Set up BP-IDoc Types for Distribution to Client Systems .

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Problem solved!

You have to use the filter function of DRF (TCODE: DRFF)! Just create a "dummy" filter which will never occur...e.g. filter by supplier id = '0'.

Then the functionality of selecting specific target systems only is working right!

Best regards

Flo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fio

Cool.Thanks for sharing your fix.