cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Parameter & Constant Valuations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between Payroll Parameter view V_T511K and the Constant Valuations view V_T510J

From my understanding both contain valuation for wage types but what are:

1) The differences between the two

2) The best situation to use one over the other

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Table T511K is used to hold payroll constants which are used during the processing of payroll. These won’t be seen on an employee’s record on the master data, but will get called during the payroll processing and used in the calculations.

Table T510J can be used for assigning a particular constant to a wage type. Using this table, the amount is not pulled into the employee’s record. The value gets called when you actually process payroll for the employee.

Note: referred from a external thread. 

With Regards,

Giriesh M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

So, if I have a wage type and I want it to reference a constant value in the table T510J, during the payroll processing, then I must the Valuation Basis set as 'K' in the table V_512W_B?

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Please read the SAP documentation for Valuation Basis

• No entry:
  • No valuation using a valuation basis takes place.
  • nn:
  • The valuation takes place with the secondary wage type /0nn.
  • K:
    • The valuation takes place with the corresponding

wage-type-dependent constant valuation basis from the T510J table

(Constant Valuations)

• TS:
      The valuation takes place with a

pay-scale-dependent constant valuation basis from the T510 table

(Pay Scale Group)

. Use this setting if you want to take account of the following criteria during the valuation of the wage type:
  • Country Grouping
  • Pay Scale Type
  • Pay Scale Area
  • Pay Scale Group
  • Pay Scale Level
  • Wage Type
    The system only reads the entries in table T510 in which all corresponding fields are filled.
  • TG:
      The valuation takes place, as with the

TS

setting, using a constant valuation basis dependent on pay scale from the T510 table. However, if you use this setting, the system does not take account of the pay scale level. The system reads only the entries in which all fields under TS apart from the

Pay Scale Level

field are filled from table T510.
  • T:
      The valuation takes place, as with the

TS

setting, using a constant valuation basis dependent on pay scale from the T510 table. The system does not take account of pay scale level or the pay scale group with this setting. The system reads only the entries in the T510 table in which all the fields under the fields apart from the

Pay Scale Level

and

Pay Scale Group

• fields are filled.
  • *:
  • If you use the syntax VALBS yz, you have to enter * if z = *. For more information, see the documentation for VALBS.

With Regards,

Giriesh M

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Brian, you will have to maintain K for the wage type in Table V_512W_B and the constant value against the wage type in T510J.

The rate in T510J will get multiplied with no. of hours in WT to arrive at the amount.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the valuation basis field is blank (No valuation using a valuation basis takes place) then how does the valuation take place?

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the valuation basis is left blank, no valuation will take place and the wage type simply moves to the result table with the no. of hours field.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if I have a wage type and I want it to reference a constant in table V_T511K - where do I adjust the configuration?

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I think this may not be possible. Can you please give me a scenario why you wish to do this? May be then we can look at it.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im new to this area but I can see in our system that we have a wage type which takes a value from a constant in the Payroll Parameters table V_T511K

How does the wage type know it must go to V_T511K to get the value of the constant?

Apologies if that is too vague, what other details do you need and I'll try and provide them?

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We will call that constant with K

Std Example :- KGENAU

RTE/KGNEAU

if you have constant XXXXX  (5 characterstics)

Call that in your rule via KXXXXX total will be six like AMT=KXXXXX

Rest our mentors have already updated

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

The constants maintained in the T511k is called in your PCR. It is written in PCR such a way that for the corresponding WT's  amount or rate or number will do the arithmetic operations with the constant.

With Regards
,Giriesh M

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Payroll PCR that will process that WT and insert it into your Payroll Schema at a point where the WT exists in the Input Table.

In your PCR, use an operation that will retrieve the constant (such as RTE=Kxxxxx, NUM=Kxxxxx or AMT=Kxxxxx) or that will use the constant in a calculation (as in AMT/Kxxxxx, NUM*Kxxxxx or AMT%Kxxxxx).

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

V_T511K define constants which are used various scenarios in time and payroll and are not wage type specific. For example, constant TETOL is called in PCR TD10 to determine whether the DWS is currently active for the given shift or not. It is not related to wage type at all.

Constant valuation table V_T510J is meant for valuating wage type using the rate mentioned for the wage type. For this, you need to maintain K in Table V_512W_B for valuating the wage type from V_T510J. The rate will get multiplied with the no. of hours to give the amount and this happens in a standard PCR (i think it is X015).

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal