cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing directory error during Netweaver installation

former_member449168
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm new to ABAP and are doing an online course.

I'm trying to install netweaver on a Windows 2008 R2 VM running on Hyper-V.

I'm installing from a file I downloaded called "ABAP_7_03_SP04_64_bit_Trial_3_9_2_GB.rar".

I've also tried installing from "ABAP_Trial_7_02_SP11_Win_64_bit_Version_with_Gateway_2_0_SP04.rar".

During the installation at step 15 of 23 called Import ABAP, I get the error as per the screenshot below.

From the import_monitor.java.log file I can see the following error message:

Required system resources are missing or not available:

Import directory '\\HostPC\SharedFolder\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_NW_AS_ABAP_731_Export\EXP1' does not exist;

Import directory '\\HostPC\SharedFolder\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_NW_AS_ABAP_731_Export\EXP2' does not exist;

Import directory '\\HostPC\SharedFolder\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_NW_AS_ABAP_731_Export\EXP3' does not exist.

These directories does actually exist so they are there.  I've tried installing from a shared drive on my host machine, as well as copying the installation files over to the VM, but in both cases the same error appears.

A collegue of mine are using the same zip file and the installation works without trouble (he is installing on his host laptop).

Any ideas?

Error:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikolayevstigneev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Andre!

Have you checked the permissions of the mentioned directories?

P.S. I think you are more likely to get a helpful advice somewhere around Basis community.

former_member449168
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.  Yes, the user have full rights on the entire folder.

Will see if I can move the post - not sure how yet.