cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 list of values not enabled in MDG CR for field "Units of Measure Group"

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add "Units of Measure" field (MEGRU) to Sales View of the MDG Change Request/UI (ECC6/Ehp5).

When I am adding the attribute ZZMEGRU and providing the data element MEGRU I am getting error "Data Model MM, entity type ZMVKE, attribute ZZMEGRU: Invalid check table"

So I provided the data element with data type CHAR4 it allowed me to create it and i was able to map it.  The field is also available in MDG CR but the F4 drop down is not enabled.

Please let me know what I am missing here.  I have tried to create a relationship for dependent table TWMEG but still it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

On simple solution (if possible from a business point of view) would be to define a ZZ-Dataelement with a ZZ-Domain and a Z-Valuetable, where the "Unit of Measure Group" is redundantly ( ! ) maintained. Can then be used in a Type3 entity with ref. relationship to your entity.

Or you create an F4 help showing all MEGRUs from TWMEG and assign it to your CHAR4 field in the data model. This will provide at least a value help for your field, even though no checks.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We tried creating a Z domain and Z Data element and adding the same to the attribute, but still we get similar error.

For 2nd option I think there would be additional "unit of measures groups" going forward.  Then again the new unit of measure group will not be available for selection.  I was just wondering if there is a standard way to get F4 values like we get for other fields in MDG where the attributes is referring to a check table. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rama

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Of course Z domain with same table will result in a similar error.

Concerning F4: If you implement a search help exit, you can put any value you like into the F4 help - even a selection of MEGRUs from TWMEG.

Regards, Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for the details.

Is there are way to get the F4 values without implementing the exit.  Please refer to the attached screen shot

Thanks,

Rama

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No way. You need to go to SE11, define a new search help (for assignment to your data model attribute), and then decide how you want to implement it. You can just add TWMEG as search method, or do any magic in the search help exit.

Good luck, Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you very much.  I will try to go ahead with this option.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Can it possible to assign ECC search help as MDG search crietria for all attibutes (Entity type 4 also)

You can post your answer on Addition of fields for search criteria for MDG S

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, no can help here (thus answering here):

• BuPa search screen is a completely different scenario
  • I'm not an expert on BuPa search
  • For material, it's not possible to extend the search by adding an F4 help

Sorry, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

No problem. Can you direct me to correct person for BYPA search help?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an entity of type 3 with data element MEGRU. Then, create a "referencing" relationship to that entity in your type 1 or type 4 entity.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

We have tried this but still we are not able to add attribute "ZMEGRU" with data element "MEGRU". 

in entiry ZMVKe.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to create an attribute. Just create a relationship and a field with that relationship name will show up in the data model.

0 Kudos

Tried doing the same.  But system is looking for attribute.  I got error in UI.  Please see below.

Note

• The following error occurred in system S04 : Could not find attribute ZZMEGRU
  • The error occurred on application server cis0440_S04_40 and in work process. 0
  • The termination type was: RABAX_STATE
  • The ABAP call stack was:
    Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO~GET_ATTRIBUTE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO======CP
    Method: DETERMINE_SELECTED_FIELDS of program CL_FPM_FORM_UIBB_ASSIST=======CP
    Method: DISPATCH_PBO of program CL_FPM_FORM_UIBB_ASSIST=======CP
    Method: PROCESS_BEFORE_OUTPUT of program /1BCWDY/0O2SQWJL1QH2NL3UE0NP==CP
    Method: IWCI_IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK~PROCESS_BEFORE_OUTPUT of program /1BCWDY/0O2SQWJL1QH2NL3UE0NP==CP
    Method: CALL_UIBB_PBO of program CL_FPM========================CP
    Method: PROCESS_EVENT_FINALIZE of program CL_FPM========================CP
    Method: RUN_EVENT_LOOP of program CL_FPM========================CP
    Method: IF_FPM~RAISE_EVENT of program CL_FPM========================CP
    Method: ONACTIONSWITCH_VIEW of program /1BCWDY/0O2SQWJL1QH2NN4M9RAK==CP
d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah, table TWMEG is not really suited for a normal Type3 entity. It has two key fields (MEGRU plus MEINS - plus the client, of course). This paricular MEINS is also not used in the MVKE, so even the usual trick of defining two type3 entity with a leading relationship doesn't work.

Best regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's why you are the expert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

Guess no value table for your custom data element? Try to assign TWMEG as value table 

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I have tried adding the table TWMEG to the attribute but still the F4 is not available.

Regards