cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/AIF/VMAP: Enter blank to blank mapping is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AIF Community,

I have following problem: In a simple value mapping maintained in AIF value mapping transaction /AIF/VMAP it is not possible to enter a single value mapping record source value blank (empty) to target value blank (empty). After saving the record is displayed and also moved to the top of the displayed list, but it is not inserted into the value mapping table /AIF/V_MVMAPVAL.

To map blank to a defined value as e.g. ‘-‘ is possible.

Workaround:

I created a value mapping function module that map blank to blank in case of VALUE_IN IS INITIAL. Otherwise I raise a no_value_found exception. I added this function module to the existing value mapping. It is executed in case the value mapping maintained in /AIF/VMAP does not find any existing mapping.

Disadvantage:

In case of now value is found and the source value IS NOT INITIAL AIF does not provide error message with value mapping name but with a general error message “Value mapping function <function_name> did not return a value”. I’m able to add an own additional error message with value mapping name, but then the function module cannot be used in several value mappings parallel.

Is there any other technical possibility to process a blank to blank value mapping? Perhaps I oversaw a customizing function.

Kind regards

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AIF-Community,

sometimes it is good to sleep a night on, it as we say in Germany.

I found the solution for single value mapping:

AIF customizing of the value mapping:

Error Msg. Class: /AIF/MES

Error Msg. Number: 176

Message Variable 1 Definition: (empty)

Message Variable 2 Definition: $1  (value mapping source value)

Message Variable 3 Definition: %<value_mapping_name>

Message Variable 4 Definition: $SENDINGSYSTEM

Perhaps this could help you also.

Kind regards

Christoph

Answers (0)