cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find error in SXI_MONITOR, where should I look?

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI newbie… here again to entertain you with my not so clever questions.

I have created a Config Scenario to process a standard IDOC. In this I have my 2 business systems, a communication channel, the receiver determination, interface determination, and, receiver agreement.

I have confirmation from Basis Team that the connections are all working i.e. from Sending system to PI, and from PI to Receiving system.

The IDOC has subsequently been created on the Sending system, and this appears to be correct i.e. it has a green light that this has been sent off.

In PI, we haven’t received anything. I have checked transaction SXI_MONITOR but nothing exists there for this Interface.

Am I correct in thinking that if there is an error in any of my objects, for example in Receiver Determination if I have a local rule which the incoming IDOC doesn’t meet, that the object should anyway still be visible in the SXI_MONITOR transaction?

Please let me know if there are any other transactions or places I can check, within my PI system, as I am not sure where this object is. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SM58 in ECC system and see if ur Idoc is stuck there...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to confirm... i should check SM58 in the Sending system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, check SM58 in sender (SAP) system

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Glen,

you are right, if the error is just an incorrectly defined Receiver Determination, you will see the message in your PI monitor (probably a red flag and an error like "No receiver could be determined.").

If you don't see anything there, this means the error happened already on the way there. SM58 is a good guess.

Regards,

Jörg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You can also check these blogs to know how debug your sender idocs:

Regards.