cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP04 PowerDesigner Web Server License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PowerDesigner Web Server -which is newly introduced in SP04- asks for Floating License Server connection parameters.

In Portal16_SysamLog.txt, it seems that (LT=FL;PKG=WBPM) information is required in license files. Although I generated new license file, this information doesn't exist in it.

How can I generate a license compatible with SP04 new features?

So that we can use new cool feature that allows designing BPMN 2.0 diagrams in web browsers.

Portal16_SysamLog.txt:

Licenses exist for PowerDesigner16.5, but a license containing the configured (LT=FL;PKG=WBPM) attributes could not be obtained. Verify that PowerDesigner16.5 is configured to use the correct type of license, and either reconfigure; or generate and deploy the desired license from the Sybase Product Download Center.

Thanks

Mehmet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a new Patch from last night SP04 PL01, maybe he helps you with this issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got an information that we cannot genarete new key yet and it will be resolved shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing the same error, anyone find out of a fix.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Make sure you are using 16.5 SP04 PL01 for the 'New' Web Portal installer. You can install the PL01 without having to install the base for the Portal piece.

HTH,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is PL01 a full install?  It is hard to tell from what is available on the download site.

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe PL01 for the Portal component is, as I just used it last week in rebuilding my machine. The desktop component is an update file.

HTH,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

About EBF :

When the Install program is terminated by .msi the EBF can only applied on a version with the same major and minor release number. All patches before must be installed.

When the Install program is terminated by .exe the EBF can applied on any PowerDesigner minor release 16.0, 16.1, 16.5.

Thank

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I usually read the release notes in the README.htm attached to the patch to confirm what pre-requisites are needed and if a component (e.g. Portal) can still persist from a previous patch.

To get to the notes, select the 'Info' link on the patch line:

Then chose the SAPNote attached to the SP/PL:

And finally open the README.htm, filelist.txt, etc from the SAPNote:

HTH

Chris

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

I can confirm, this solution is working...

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Glad to hear! Can you mark this one answered, please.

-Matt C.

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't ... I think the owner of this topic has to do it...

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Rafal, I thought you were the owner.

-Matt C.

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt, I think now we run into a new issue with the SP04 and license server ...

When creating a new diagram using the WebPortal I'm getting following error message:

Failed to checkout the license(s).

This is what I can find in the PowerDesigner.server.lic for WebProtal:

SERVER SVR-PDHANA01.dev.ifb ANY 27000

USE_SERVER

It's again related to WBPM .... so the solution with installing SP04 PL01 is working for the webPortal itself, but if you would like to use the new functionality (like creation of BPM models using the web client ... you have to have some kind of extra licenses I believe?)

Please assist.