cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't we OIM from within FAGLL03 / FBL3N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be a dumb question that has already been answered, but I have been searching with different key words, but haven't found an answer to my question...

Very simple, you are in FAGLL03/FBL3N, you sort, filter, sub-total and find your line items that clear to Zero.  So, at that point, why can't I just check the boxes and hit a "Clearing" icon?

Is this too simple?  I know that SAP can be very complex, as it's intergrated with all the different modules and can be customized to interface with 3rd party applications...but really...why can't Line Item Clearing be performed from within the GL Line Item display?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valenzuela,

Your question is not so dumb indeed.  Even I wish it should have been as such to ease the end user as an example.

But SAP is designed to have some transactions for reporting purposes and some transactions for processing purposes.  This will help for providing relevant authorizations to different personnel in the organisation.

The case you provided is one of those scenarios.  Transaction FAGLL03 / FBL3N are reports type of transactions.  They are not intended to post any documents though some level of changes to documents can be done from this place.  Rather they will just display the contents of the database.

If you want to do the clearing, then you need to go to relevant processing type transaction like F.13 or F-03.

I am sure I didn't answer your query in a positive way, but this is how the reality is considering the fact that these are only reporting transactions.

Warm regards,

Sridhar

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do that in F.13. Define criteria in OB74 and you are able to execute OIM GL clearing.

These reports aren't able to process transaction data by standard way however you can develop a enhancement in method IF_EX_FI_ITEMS_MENUE01

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Velenzuela,

Both FBL3N / FAGLL03 are GL line item reports but not transaction processing T-Codes. You can only view the line items, sort, flier, total etc etc from these reports but cannot do any postings such as clearing.

GayaniP