cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capitalization date must be earlier than or same as transfer date AS91.

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to upload the assets masters in to SAP system in September 2014 and got this error message that Capitalization date must be earlier than or same as transfer date Message no AA184.

Date of legacy data transfer in customizing area was 05/06/2014 and went live in 7/14/2014.

But when I changed the Date of legacy data transfer in customizing area to 7/14/2014 the system was accepting this and we were able to load.

The problem now is that when we ran the additional report in transaction code S_ALR_87012050, my concern is all of the assets were loaded from every script with the Posting Date as 01/01/2014, since we are loading them in Period 9 and our system was not even available until Period 5 that date does not seem correct.  Not sure how that got populated, Posting Date is not on our data loads.

Can anyone explain to me why the POSTING DATE was 01/01/2014 as we won’t want that date in Production.  It should be a Posting Date in Period 9.

In customizing area--> SPRO/Financial Accounting/Asset Accounting\ Asset Data Transfer\ Parameters for Data Transfer\ Date Specifications\ Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year.

When I clicked F1 I got the below screenshot.

I just want to know if the field where I changed the date from was  wrong and my friend advised me to have change this date in transaction code CJ88.

Please advise on how to correct this date to show the posting date from Period 9

Thank you.

FJohn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FJohn,

You have changed the legacy data transfer date to 7/14/2014.  That means most probably this is the data transfer during the year though information with regard to your fiscal year variant is not available.

When a legacy data transfer during the fiscal year is performed and current year transactions from legacy system are uploaded using transaction AS91 for instance, system shows the first day of the fiscal year as the posting date for these transactions in asset accounting reports. This is regardless of when the transaction was posted in the legacy system.  This is the standard system behaviour and design of asset accounting module.  It is not an error.

You need not make any changes to this.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi for the contribution... I looked into what you said but after several testing, the customer confirmed that the Capitalization date is correct on this load and the assets are depreciating based on that Capitalization.

So I won't do anything further per Sridhar.

Thank you Sridhar for the contribution too.

This issue is resolved and closed.

Regards

FJohn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Legacy data is loaded through AS91.

I do not see any posting date in AS91. Not sure where you are giving post date.

Value can be determined at the following IMG configuration:

IMG --> Financial Accounting --> Asset Accounting --> Transactions --> Specify How Default Asset Value Date is Determined

Usually, the standard variant will be assigned to your company code. If you want to change then copy the variant and then assign to your company code to determine a different value date.

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

To add to my information above.

The customer confirmed that they are not using any work break down structure (WBS).

So the issue of using transaction code CJ88 will not work.

Regards

FJohn