Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain exchange rates via web services

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we know by design, allow to maintain exchange rate manually and automatically (using web services)

Source : POST data FX Rates from Internet (Idea posted and delivered by SAP)

As per details mentioned, web service can be found in the Application and User Management work center under Input and Output Management in the Service Explorer view and search for "Maintain exchange rates". Shown below

I am struggling to locate the filed to maintain my exchange rate URL or web service setting. As I am not able to edit anything on the this screen.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Govind Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

Can I suggest you to check below settings.

1) Communication Scenario view under the Application and user management.

Here you should find the Communication Scenario : Manage Exchange Rates

2) Check in communication Arrangements under the Application and user management.

Here you should be able to see the communication arrangement : Manage Exchange Rates and would be able to edit and check the settings there.

Alternatively, you can click on "Link" under the Documentation field to get more details on the service.

If that helps.

Cheers,

Harshal

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for your reply, I have followed the same steps, also the LINK you have mentioned.

It will provide the support documentations which does not provide the relevant information.

(Shown below)

Links provided in this documents not working, for example, if you try to open

http://sap.com/xi/AP/IS/CurrencyAndExchangeRates/Global

Can you please tell me the configuration location, where I can enter the any bank URL or any other company portal to pick the daily exchange rate?

Thanks in advance

Govind Sharma

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

You may refer to the below link for the list of Web Services API available in 1408.

Web Service APIs in SAP Business ByDesign 1408 - August 2014

For more details about exchange Rate API.

Inbound Service Interface (public)

Now as far as I understand that you can't just give the URL of third party and automatic upload the exchange rates. But you can use this webservices API to maintain the exchange rates.

To summarize, you need to write custom logic to read the exchange rates from 3rd party URL and then upload it in the required XML format via the ManageExchangeRates API.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Great thanks Praveen for details