cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Controls 10 - BRF+ Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Does anyone have experience transporting BRF+ in GRC PC? With the standard or custom application? We are not able to transport the current standard application GRFN_AM_RUNTIME because it is saved as local. We can transport the custom application but believe we are missing a configuration somewhere because not all the fields appear in the business rule when we validate transport.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. SAP notes have pointed us in the direction of importing / exporting via SPRO so we have decided to go that route as opposed to trying to migrate.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 Options to make it transportable,

1. You could copy the BRFplus application and save it as a new application and assign the required customisation package /transport layer to the copied application making it transportable.
  2. Re-create the rule again, but ensure a blank BRFplus application is created first.

In Access Controls, if you make the rules via the back end without creating a blank application in BRFplus, then it saves it as a Local object. I am guessing the same issue is encountered in PC.

If you are not too strict about transport governance, then the ,ethos described by Marco is valid.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Harinam

We tried the approach you recommeded. However, we were having trouble getting the system to look at the custom application. Even if we update the mapping in GRFN_STR_CHANGE it still looks at the standard GRFM_AM_RUNTIME application. Do you know a step we may have been missing? Have you actually transported BRF+ or used the import/export?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have transported BRFplus applications as well as import/exported the application XML in the past. It seems that for some reason you are not able to register the application or function. I am not too sure what you are mapping into the grfn_str_change screen. Are you mapping the function ID?

marco_alva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Stacey,

If you have your BRF+ function linked to a Business rule and Data source you can make the following;

I'm assuming that your BR and DS have been yet transported and the focus of your problem is just the BRF+ fuction, In GRC you have the option to download and upload the BRF+ fuctions. Using the tcode GRFN_AMF_FDT_EXPORT you can download the BRF+ fuction vía XML file...

Just take care of the rulesets because those has to be downloaded as an additional step and directly in BRF+... in BRF+ make a search by the ruleset name and then go to Tools -> Export XML to download the XML of the ruleset...

After that using the tcode GRFN_AMF_FDT_IMPORT upload the BRF+ fuction and finally in BRF+ upload the ruleset using Tools -> Import XML...

Regards,

Marco