cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Posting Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you are right team to help with my question.   We are having a problem posting invoices in MIRO for a PO assigned to a project and whereby the service or goods receipt has been completed.  This occurs when the project on the PO has been moved to TECO or NPST status.   Since the goods or service receipt has been created what control is preventing the invoice posting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Clark,

If PO is assigned to project and Good receipt is already been completed, I am sure the error may not related to project. There is no effect on FI: Postings even if TECO is set to project.

As asked by expert above, Please share what error exactly you are getting, so that sol. can be given.

With regards,

Dnyanesh

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Clark Dorsey

I don't know the error you are getting , but the system works as follows

A check whether all created purchase orders area also invoiced does not exist in standard.

The system does not need the invoice to determine the actual costs,

So its not necessary to have the invoices posted before the system can calculate actual costs

(and settle them).

Posting of the invoice was not seen as a prerequisite for further processing of the project in the design.

You could set a user status preventing TECO (and with that settlement)
until all invoices are posted. But you would need to set and unset this status manually.

If you want to post the invoice, you can revoke the statuses of the
WBS-element to a status that still allows invoice posting.

I hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I don't have a screen shot to send you but I will send it to you the next time this problem comes up. However, I beleive the error message is indicating the budget has been exceeded. 

This is puzzling because the goods receipt has been created on the PO approving payment of the invoice.  As such, an entry was made to the GIIR account but due to the error we are unable to post  the offsetting entry.  It was my understanding once the goods receipt has been created, payment of the invoice should not be hindered.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks,

Clark

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP good receipt or GR does not contribute to the availability Control.

Please read thru http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/46209.

Also it is difficult to provide any inputs without realizing the actual process followed and the Error displayed by the system.

In case there is any confusion over the assigned values (In other sense the Budget being consumed), best judgement would be to run CJEN and CJBN.

Hope it Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe, the status that you are talking about i.e. NPST is a user status.

Check what business transactions are permitted/forbidden when this status is set. That, probably should get you the answers you are looking for.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

This can be decided based on the error message you are receiving.

You can also contact MM guys, whether there is any issue from MIRO/PO.

Thanks

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clark,

What error are you getting when trying to do Invoice posting?

Please share screenshots. Also if possible check Budget report for WBS element and check how much amount is available and how much is the invoice amount?

Regards

Tushar