cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields to Ibase in GUI

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how can we add new fields to Ibase in GUI .?

Can I use the approach of Settypes and attriutes, if yes then can anyone please elaborate.

Regards

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create an new field through EEWB are through AET.approach of Settypes and attriutes will not work in the ibase.

0 Kudos

Hi Gobi,

Can you please elaborate as to why its not possible Through Set Type AND Attributes?

The point I am getting stuck : I have my set types and attributes assigned to each other but  I need to know which category the Ibase belongs to , as I have the object family (0401) assigned to my set type and in COMM_HIERARCHY the categories that I come across are only product category so how do I determine which category is relevant for the object family -0401(EQUIPMENT) so my set type can be assigned ?

I am aware of EEWB to build field in GUI but would need to know why this approach is not feasible for Ibase?

Regards

Shilpi

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can assign  set types and attributes to a products, But I base is  not an product its an object to hold all the products which is installed.

0 Kudos

Yes, we can assign set types and attributes to products and as well to individual objects. And Ibase set up as Individual objects should be able to have an additional field added though this approach. But I am stuck at a point how to identify the Hieararchy and category of Individual objects .

The current hierarchies in the system is :

R3PRODHIER

R3MATCLASS

R3PRODSTYP

So how to identify the right hierarchy and category as these hierachies are downloaded from R3 and do not get changed from CRM.

Any inputs please.

Regards

Shilpi

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below path help document

1. Create an object family.

- SPRO->Cross-Application Components-> SAP Product-> Objects->Define Object Families   = Assign the object family with the product type

2. Assign the object family to the set type.

During the set type creation assign the object family

3. Assign the  object family to the Ibase.

-Master Data->Installed Base-> Objects / Object Family->Assign Object Families to Installed Base Categories.=> Here you can assign the  object family to the required installed base.