cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2lis_02_scl data flow issue for PO value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have an issue in MM data flow for the purchasing cube.

data flow path: 2LIS_02_SCL --> DSO1(w.o.)-->DSO2(std)-->DSO3(std)-->Cube

DSO3 data issue:- First load is fine.For the second load PO value becomes zero after GR happens to the PO.Why is this happening only when GR is happening instead other scenarios are working fine deletion, undeletion by taking po value as in overwrite mode. Earlier when i tried to consider po value as summation mode it was giving doubling issue. Is there any way that I can handle to get PO value as 100$ instead 0 .pls. throw some light on this.

Transformation mapping.

standard rule group: 0storno-->0storno

technical rule group: 0storno-->0recordmode

PO Line item 10 --- first load---- loaded PO value 100 fine.

PO Line item 10--GR creation---PO value becomes zero( PO value is in overwrite mode here is the issue which we are challenging explained in below scenario)

DSO2 keyfields: PO No, PO Item, Process Key, Schedule line

DSO3: PO No, PO Item, Schedule line

DSO2: data

PO No.
PO ItemBW Process Key
Sched LinePO Value$

DSO3: data

Active Table : Po value is becomes zero since it overwrite the existing record.

Change Log Table

PO No.PO ItemSched LinePO Value$Record Mode
101101100N
101101100-X
1011010Blank

Thanks.

Dolly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly

This shouldn't be the case.

As you have mentioned that you have tried loading the data multiple times with summation, then overwrite mode, it would be helpful to know how did you delete the data from DSO before trying next time.

What I suspect is the data might be there in change log table and gets updated when you run the load again.

Please empty the DSO3, both change log and active table data.

Then try loading the data and check if its fine.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done some work around for the below scenarios.

1. PO is deleted --- PO value becomes zero in active table

2.PO Line item is un-deleted due to some reason---PO is doubled.

3.PO Net price(value) is change--- Po value mismatch

The above scenarios are tested by considering PO value as in summation mode in DSO3( when i say PO value is Net PO Value).

Since the above 2 and 3 scenarios are failed, I decided to change the keyfigure Net Po Val property as in overwrite mode and loaded data into DSO3 again by creating fresh PO and tested all the above 3 scenarios. Fortunately all the 3 scenarios are working fine as expected without issue.

Now the issues comes in whenever i tried to do a GR for the PO.Since there is a overwrite mode kept for the keyfigure Net PO Val, it is overwriting the existing record.I have created a new PO 101 as mentioned in the above table.For the first time load it is working fine since it is just a new po( where process key =1) created and the value is showing as 100$.

For the second load, the same PO( where process key =2) which has GR  and as a result it is overwriting with the existing record and showing the Net Po Value as zero(before and after image).

Transformation mapping.

standard rule group: 0storno-->0storno

technical rule group: 0storno-->0recordmode

Now I am not sure how to satisfy the above 4 scenarios( including GR),since my data source is of delta type ABR.

please let me know if anyone have already challenged this type of issue.

Thanks.

Dolly.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly

Since the first three scenarios are perfectly working fine in overwrite mode, the challenge is to fix the fourth one. So lets solve the fourth one first and then check if the first three are working.

Assuming you are doing all these tests in dev or QA system, please empty all the data in active table and change log table of DSO3 and do a fresh load of a PO with GR.

Load it twice as you said, once a new PO and then with GR.

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Still the is same as earlier and the issue again persists in DSO3 though i did reloaded data as you said.

Active Table : Po value is becomes zero since it overwrite the existing record.

Change Log Table

PO No.PO ItemSched LinePO Value$Record Mode
101101100N
101101100-X
1011010Blank

Appreciate if you can help in here.

Thanks

Dolly.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dolly,

Here are my Inputs.

1) In the flow mentioned by you  2LIS_02_SCL --> DSO1(w.o.)-->DSO2(std)-->DSO3(std)-->Cube

DSO1 to DSO2 has to be summation. In DSO2 process Key should not be in Key.

Actual You can get this done by removing one of the DSOs

2LIS_02_SCL --> DSO1(w.o.)-->DSO2(std- Summation- process key as data field)-->Cube

2)  Due to the peculiar feature of MM data source, every thing has to work based on process key.

So you DSO2 should have field level routine to get the PO value.

For eg the routine has to be

IF ( SOURCE_FIELDS-PROCESSKEY = '001' or

SOURCE_FIELDS-PROCESSKEY = '011' or

SOURCE_FIELDS-PROCESSKEY = '021')

The same should be the case of GR also.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

It seems that you are suggesting an alternate procedure to be built before finding the root cause for the issue.

Before I should consider your alternate procedure, I would like to know why my current data model is getting into an issue.

DSO2 keyfields: PO No, PO Item, Process Key, Schedule line

DSO3: PO No, PO Item, Schedule line

Suppose if GR happens for the PO 101, what happens here i will get 2 records as shown below.

DSO2: data

PO No.
PO ItemBW Process Key
Sched LinePO Value$

Consider the above table and please let me know in detail what is your alternate solution should be.

Thanks.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

Sure Dolly, But can you let me know from 2lis_02_scl which keyfigure you have mapped to PO and GR. Do you have any field level routine written for the PO & GR value. Can you please provide me your transformation screen shot  if possible.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Glad to see your reply.

I will share the information as requested.

I have mapped Net Order Value and GR value.

Net Order Value:-(Summation)

BW proces key = 001, 011,021,004,014,024

GR value:-(Summation)

BW process key = 002,012,002

Let me give you a scenario:-

suppose if i have

1. PO Created

2. PO GR created

DSO2 data.

PO No.
PO ItemBW Process Key
Sched LinePO Value$
GR Value $

DSO3 data:- Whenever the GR is created for the PO its value becomes 0 but accordingly to the standard or aim is to show the PO value remains same as 100$ not 0.

PO No.
PO ItemSched LinePO Value$
GR Value $

Aim :- I want to get the Net order PO Value correctly without any issue or mismatch of data . irrespective of any changes(like po value changes, quantity change etc).

How Net Order Value of PO aggregation should be either Summation mode/Overwrite mode , if so summation/overwrite should not change the GR value or other keyfigures.'

Please share your views how this can be achieved.This would be really helpful for others also whomever so challenging this issue.

Thanks,

Dolly.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

Here are my views and how the data should be working with the correct PO and GR value based on the below prerequisites.

1) All DSO settings are in Summation mode

2) Routine is written at DSO3 level for getting PO value and GR value.

I have represented some sample data and how the impact will after each record is loaded in the respective data flow

* Green indicates the key fields & all DSO datas are from Active table.

Let me know your thoughts

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Glad to see your reply.

In the DSO3, i will not get 3 records since the process key is not considered as part of the DSO at all. Since process key is not lied in the DSO3, it will overwrite the data based the key-fields PO number, PO item and schedule lines.As a result I will get only one record. This is where the issue is challenging us.pls. see below the data in the DSO3 which is considered based on your example data.PO value becomes 100+150=250(1st record and 2nd record will be summed up)

PO No.
PO ItemSched LinePO Value$
GR Value $

I would request you to provide little more information on the above scenario to make it work.

Do we really need to consider both DSO2 & DSO3 keyfigures aggregation as Summation mode instead Overwrite.?

pls. share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Dolly.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolly,

1) I understand that DSO3 do not have process key as a key field. But the data will not get added as 100 + 150 = 250 , instead it will be 100+50 = 150. The reason being in the change log it will have only 100 +150 = 50. So only 50 will move from DSO2 to DSO3. ( I have run the cycle in my system).

2)  I have shown how the effect will be when the records flow in each of the DSO. ( In DSO3 there is a correction to be made).

3) You need to have summation otherwise when GR data comes in PO value will be 0 and therefore your PO value will be overwritten as 0

Please try out and let me know

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I will try this and let you know if it works.

Thanks

Dolly.