Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP's SFTP SP1 adapter polling interval anomaly

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just been testing the SAP SFTP SP2 adapter. We are using PI 7.1 SP1 and for the last couple of years been using the SAP SFTP adapter pre SPs.

I had the duplicate check turned off and what I have observed was that on the node doing the processing the file was picked up multiple times before the next polling interval. The polling interval was set at 1 minute and the actual interval between the two polls was 10 seconds.

I then changed the polling interval to 5 minutes and I observed the following:

1. First poll occurred 3 seconds after starting the channel (before SP1 the first poll would not occur until after one whole polling interval). The file is renamed by an OS command to remove the pgp extension.
  2. Second poll occurred 10 seconds after first. rename would have failed as file with new name would already exist (this is OK, I expected this please no comments about renaming files.) File with pgp extension was over written.
  3. A third poll occurred 10 seconds after the first one. File with pgp extension was over written.

I then removed from the receiver channel the OS command to rename the file, so as to remove the possibility that the adapter was doing a check to see the file was successfully created on the receiver side and the rename was interfering with this (I thought this would be highly unlikely but it had to be tested). I got results similar to the second test.

Looked through the notes on SAP and could not find anything relevant.

Has anyone else noticed this anomaly and found a fix for it?

regards

Julian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we experienced sthing very similar after SP01 upgrade of SFTP adapter. polling which are set for every 1 minute, started to poll in every 10 seconds. Had some thoughts, tried it out, and proved that if I put 180 into "polling (min)" field, it will poll in every 3 minutes. At this point, it seems that SP01 changed the measure from min to second, but the user interface was not changed accordingly (also, the values are not converted during the upgrade)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm my above observation with the below article I've just found:

https://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2013/02/04/b2b-sp1-released

"Polling interval has been changed from minutes to seconds"

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Julian,

Is there an entry on the milliseconds to wait before modification check?

Regards

Varun