Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificates in SAP PI - notification on expiration

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

We recently renewed some certificates with the SAP PI key storage. They are now valid until 2017.

I'm just curious if there is somehow a possibility to trigger an alert or other notification when the expiration date is coming closer.

Now, we are aware of it, but within a few months, we probably forgot the expiration date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

If your PI system is a dual stack, you can upload the certificates in "STRUST" of ABAP and use ABAP report "SSF_ALERT_CERTEXPIRE" which reports certificates nearing expiry.

You can schedule this report as a background job with 'daily' frequency. Only condition is, you should upload certificates present in your keystorage to STRUST of ABAP also.

If your PI is a "Java" only system, it might be interesting for you to use "Solution Manager - Technical Monitoring" which also has monitoring & alerting setup for J2EE certificates present in "Key storage".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting..

I could think of a way of achieving this by accessing the PI system tables to check for the end date and having a scheduled daily job to send alert emails when the end date is near.

I doubt if anything standard or any API is available to access the key storage data.

Regards

Varun

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add - We do have a standard service to access some of the key store information.

But unfortunately i don't see any details about expiration date etc

Service : KeystoreHelpVi

Method : getKeystore

Not sure if SAP has enhanced this service in the later releases but i don't see in 7.31(dual stack)