Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which module to prefer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am a graduate and I want to find a suitable module of SAP to start with.

I have programming as well as database administration knowledge but I am kinda confused between the wide range of modules offered by SAP.

So can you guys suggest me a couple of modules suitable to my background and also the modules which are currently in demand in the IT sector.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say this is question that has been answer most number of times.

Please search before post.

It is something like if you go to restaurant, people cannot suggest us what we need to eat, honestly, we should select select what is suitable for our taste and body. This module selection is also same.

0 Kudos

Adding some more content suggested by Sir Ravi, But we can't pick anything to eat by name also. So i personally prefer to know what all ingredients it have and what is the recipe in short.

So same thing you have to do, please go through in details of few modules and try to find what is all about and try to recognize your interest in that.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

its simple if you can analyze your skills,if you are Good Programmer and have passion for coding then you can opt for SAP-ABAP

but if you feel the other way you can opt for SAP-BASIS

Always take your decision which interests you most

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

If you have interest in programming , You will find ABAP easy . So start with this.

Thanks,

Priyanka

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javeed

Start with ABAP, it gives good foundation, after 2-3 years you can pick specific module..

Good luck

-giri

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javeed,

As Ravi Told it is the same question that has been answered several times, Please search the forum before you post any question.

For Your question, ABAP can serve as Suitable module if you are interested in Coding. Start your career with it, while you code try to understand the entire functionality of the objects you are dealing with. Ask Your functional consultants to help understanding the full end to end cycle when you work on any objects. Continue with this for 2 yrs after that you yourself will be in a good position to select the best Module for you. Please do remember your effort is more than the module you select. Try to pick up then a functional module. Consultants with Good technical and Functional Knowledge are more worthier than rest in the market.

Regards,

Satish