cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender communication channel filename as *

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, as PI newbie i apologize in advance for my dumb question below.

We have a number of Config Scenarios setup for Adapter Type SFTP for 2 Business Systems, lets assume BS1_SEND, and BS2_REC.

I have a number of Config Scenarios, for example:

Scenario 1 = “CS_1_HOME”, and for this Sender Communication Channel, I have File Name Scheme “HOME*”.

Scenario 2 = “CS_2_TEST_ALL”, and for this Sender Communication Channel, I have File Name Scheme “TEST_FILE_*”.

I have now a requirement to create a third scenario, for the same 2 business systems, and have been told that currently the Filename is unknown so I should just leave this as “*”.

The Source Directory in all 3 cases is the same, as is the Business Systems, however the Target directory is always different.

If I create my scenario 3 = “CS_3_BLA_BLA”, and for this Sender Communication Channel, I have File Name Scheme “*”, will this work?

I can understand, if a file called “HOME_20.TXT” is placed on the source directory then the SFTP adapter will realize that is for Scenario 1, and will send this file to the target directory defined in CS_1_HOME.

Should I request that a proper filename is provided for the Scenario 3 before I create it, or is it ok to go ahead and create sender communication channel with filename = “*”?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

With the same source directory i dont see clear your 1 scenario because if you delete/archive the source file the 3 scenario cant pick up and if you dont delete/archive the source file, this will take for the two scenarios indefinitely. If one of the scenario deletes the source file the problems still persists.

In my opinion the file names with the same source path should to be exclusives.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The Source Directory in all 3 cases is the same, as is the Business Systems, however the Target directory is always different.

If I create my scenario 3 = “CS_3_BLA_BLA”, and for this Sender Communication Channel, I have File Name Scheme “*”, will this work?

I can understand, if a file called “HOME_20.TXT” is placed on the source directory then the SFTP adapter will realize that is for Scenario 1, and will send this file to the target directory defined in CS_1_HOME.

Should I request that a proper filename is provided for the Scenario 3 before I create it, or is it ok to go ahead and create sender communication channel with filename = “*”?

Just my two cents: If you placed HOME_20.TXT, there is a chance that FileSender * might be the one to poll it instead of the FileSenderHome. The easiest way to implement your third scenario is to provide a filename as suggested. But if still want it to work, you might as well look into availability time planning in runtime workbench with the following conditions:

1. channels 1 and 2 can be on at the same time

2. channels 1 or 2 cannot be on with channel 3 at the same time

For example: via ATP, channels 1 (HOME) and 2 (TEST) can be on at 8:00am for 1hour, then it is turned off. Then channel 3 (*) can be on at 9:00am for 1hour, then it is turned off.

That way you can potentially avoid conflicts.

Regards,

Mark