Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATC: Is it possible to use ATC in a landscape where the is no QA system?

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reported on behalf of Daniel Galisteo, See also Blockpost "ATC - an Introduction"

Hi,

Is it possible to use ATC exemptions in a landscape where there is no QA system acting like the Master System?

Let me explain better:

In my current implementation project, so far we have only a DEV system with 2 clients: 100 for development and customizing, and 110 for testing.

I would like to use ATC in this way: developers would run ATC checks on their developments at DEV 100, and they could ask for exemptions when necessary. The purpose is to maintain the DEV system "clean" while we don't have a QA system.

Is it possible?

Thank you, Best Regards

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The master system and the development system can be identical. Use transaction ATC setup in the development system and enter the system name as master system, thats all.

Please note that the ATC repository is client independent. So it might be possible that some gents take the easy way of applying and approving exemptions.

It is also possible to schedule regular mass runs in the sole system of your environment. Only drawback is that it is virtually impossible to distinquish between open and finished developments. Most likely you will experience some noise for mass scans, that is findings in objects that are not regarded to be already be fit for the intended purpose.

Regards

Klaus

4 REPLIES 4

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The master system and the development system can be identical. Use transaction ATC setup in the development system and enter the system name as master system, thats all.

Please note that the ATC repository is client independent. So it might be possible that some gents take the easy way of applying and approving exemptions.

It is also possible to schedule regular mass runs in the sole system of your environment. Only drawback is that it is virtually impossible to distinquish between open and finished developments. Most likely you will experience some noise for mass scans, that is findings in objects that are not regarded to be already be fit for the intended purpose.

Regards

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hello Klaus

Thanks for your attention.

I did the customizing on ATC transaction, and now it seems I'm able to create exemptions.

About the possibility you mentioned, please let me confirm if I got it right:

Since ATC is client independent, it might be possible that some developers apply and approve their own exemptions.

It would only be possible if they include their usernames in the customizing "Exemptions -> Maintain Approvers" in ATC transaction, right?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

the transaction probes authorizations, as it should.

The "easy way" comes with custom code that modifies the ATC repository.

The night is dark and full of errors

Klaus

0 Kudos

Ok Klaus, now I got it.

Thank you!

Best Regards

Daniel