Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading PI 7.3 to 7.4 Single Stack

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some concerns regarding to upgrade PI 7.3 to 7.4 Single Stack, kindly need your help on this:

- how to make sure that the PI is installed in dual stack/single stack? I assume if it has IDoc, HTTP adapter (instead of IDOC_AAE, HTTP_AAE) and it runs ccBPM (Process Integration) it still runs on dual stack. Is that correct?

- Is it possible to migrate from PI 7.3 dual stack to 7.4 single stack? I've found in this link that we can migrate objects from the ABAP stack to the Java stack with the provided tool:

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2012/11/19/moving-integration-directory-arti...

so actually we dont have to rebuilt all the interfaces since we can migrate smoothly but for ccBPM need to be built again with NW BPM. Is there any other part that should be checked?

- Does installing PI 7.4 means we upgrade the NW to 7.4 version too? Should we concern other SAP products that runs on NW?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- ccBPM is only available on dual-stack.

- Mainly the ccBPM parts need to be rebuilt with BPM. However also some configurations will be different, like you have the integrated configuration object on single-stack instead of several objects like interface determination, receiver determination, etc.However the migration tool will support you in this.

- Yes the NW stack will be 7.4 Java-only

Best Regards

Harald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

A few cents to add to Harald pointed yet out:

- how to make sure that the PI is installed in dual stack/single stack?

If in integration directory there is not  the classical configuration (sender agreement and so on) you are in single stack.

- Does installing PI 7.4 means we upgrade the NW to 7.4 version too? Should we concern other SAP products that runs on NW?

If you have the other products running in other installations you dont need to migrate them, but you can have seldom any compatibility problem.

Regards.