cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for SP2 for Crystal Reports XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am looking for SP2 for Crystal Reports XI R2 Version 11.5.0.313.

Actually I need to upgrade to the latest SP6 but I can't because I need to install SP2 first.

Please advise me from where I can download the SP2?

Thanks,

Hadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Hadi

See this blog on how to get to SP 6.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I tried to install SP4 or SP6 but it refused as it needs SP2 first.

The following message appears:

Requirements for SP6 install not met. Please install SP2 first.

I need to install SP2 first.

Thanks,

Hadi

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All yo have to do is follow these instructions (with minor tweaks in green):

Updating CR XI R1 install to CR XI R2A

1) Note your existing CR XI R1 keycode (XI R2 – whatever SP you are on)
2) Uninstall your current CR XI R1 product (or whatever you are on)
3) Download the Crystal Reports XI R2A SP4 Full Build
4) Download the Crystal Reports XI R2A SP6 Incremental Build
5) Install Crystal Reports XI R2A SP4 Full Build using the CR XI R1 keycode you noted in step 1 above
6) Install Crystal Reports XI R2A SP6 Incremental Build - you will not be prompted for a keycode
7) Once both of the above are installed, open the Crystal Reports Designer. In the Help menu, select About Crystal Reports... Check the version.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

This worked fine and I am up to date now with CR XI R2 SP6 Version 11.5.12.1838.

The Error Message doesn't appear in CR Designer now but in the Crystal Viewer when starting the Report from the Dephi Application under Windows 7.

Thanks for your support.

Hadi

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the code in Delphi?

Is the error on your dev computer or on a computer where you deployed the app?

I'd also be interested to know what happens if you try to run a dummy report; No db connection, just a text box in the report header?

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Delphi we just call the Crystal Report.

The error occure on dev computer and on the computer where we deployed the app.

It works fine when I run a dummy report with a text box in the header without a db connection.

Thanks,

Hadi

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. So a report with no db connection works. Now you have to start adding to the report to see where it fails; Add one table, one field. Test. Add another table and a field. test. Add a parameter. test. Add a subreport(?). Test. Alternatively, take your report and start stripping it down until it works.

And please do share the code used irrespective...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Rehashing an old question:  I have a legacy intranet web application to support that uses CR 9 Report Application Server to generate pdf reports streamed to a web application on demand.  There are over 20 reports using Oracle resultsets connecting using odbc.

The application is script based and uses classic asp on a ms 2003 server which of course is end of life (july?).

The new server being setup to host the application can be either ms 2008 32bit, ms 2008 r2 or ms 2012.  Although CR 9 will install and configure, the script fails on the call when opening the report:

objClientDoc.open reportFilename,0.  I understand this is a known issue.

The goal is to provide a CR solution to use the existing CR reports and the asp classic applications on a new server (one of the above) as a bridge to a modern solution in proposal.

Ideas from CR?

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

Ideas? Umm, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

OK, seriously. CR 9 will never, ever run on WIN 2008. So. Preferred solution would be to recode the app and use the CR SDK for .NET. Realizing this is probably a no go, updating the app to CR XI R2 is the next best (and only) solution. Getting your hands on CR XI R2 may be an issue though. You can try SAP Sales (but I am not sure as CR XI R2 is out of support now). You may be able to get CR XI R2 on Amazon - I occasionally see even CR 8.5 there, so CRXI R2 will not be much of a stretch - maybe.

You will then have to make sure the CR XI T2 is on SP 6. See the following for more details:

And do have a look at this re. WIN 2008:

Oh, SAP Sales: 866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter