cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify view DDL?

former_member1144245
Participant
0 Kudos

Looking to modify the view DDL. Using PowerDesigner version 15.2 for Teradata. Have been able to make quite a bit of customization on the .xdb but there are two things I want to change:

a) list all the view columns individually rather than in one continuous line

b) not fully qualify every column in the view select statement with the owner and table name

These things appear to be controlled by system variables (%SQL%, %VIEWCOLN%).

While I've gotten pretty good at customizing PowerDesigner - and am so pleased at the extent that it can be customized - this is one thing I have yet to figure out. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marc_ledier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

In some cases (this one appears to be one), you need to redefine the standards variable with help of computed extended attributes.

This is quite hard work as you need to review all possible cases + code the generation (easy) and the reverse (less easy).

You can find some helpfull extended attributes in XDB (search in ExtendedObject stereotype that often use a **Defn computed extended attribute -- see for instance ASA 16 SYASA16::Profile\ExtendedObject\Stereotypes\Certificate\Extended Attributes\CertificateDefn).

When fully defined, you can use it in place of the standard one in the Create or Add statements.

Marc

former_member1144245
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc. I'm not sure I understand, but I will  have a look per your suggestion.