SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Taxcode determined for invoice main/sub maintained in ACCINF if those main/sub are not maintained in EK02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Well I have a situation, where the FICA doc posted for an invoice has main/sub coming from "ACCINF" line item. i.e. the one we maintain at following config SAP Utilities->Invoicing->Invoice Processing->Item Selection in Invoicing->Item Selection in Account Maintenance/ Define Sub-Items.

But this main/ sub is not mentioned in EK02 or TFK033D , then how is the tax code determined for this main/sub in the document..?

PFA the attachment.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also a quick update,

I have checked the posting areas R001, R008, R009, 0015, 0020, 2641, 2641, 8123, 8124, 8125 to see if there were som config maintained but unfortunately there is none, relevant to this problem.

Can someone let me know where could be the configuration to determine this tax code?

0 Kudos

The tax code is determined in posting area R001 TCODE EK02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka.

Go to SPRO - Financial Accounting(new) - Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable - Basic Functions - Postings and Documents - Document - Maintain Document Assignments - Define Sales/Purchase Tax Determination. Here you will define tax code for tax code determination and make a link to the tax codes used in your tax procedure (which you can maintain via t-code FTXP).

Link between transactions and tax codes is maintained in t-code EK02. If you need to set the GL accounts to which the postings will go, use transaction FQC1.

Hope it helps.

Marko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

But I guess I did mention in my post that I have already checked the posting Area R001/ EK02 and some others as well.

I am aware that tax code is determined via configs maintained at EK02 however this main/sub wasnt maintained there, that is why wanted to know if it was coming from configs in some other posting areas. Anyway, thanks for your replies and time but its not what I was looking for.

0 Kudos

Check this part as well in SPRO ,

0 Kudos

Sorry to add this , you all have already discussed this .

0 Kudos

Can you please share your findings.

Just curious to know

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check settings of table TE503 (Define Basic Settings for Invoicing).

Regards,

Paresh

bogdan_minciu2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Priyanka,

Could you check what main/sub combination is assigned to the internal main/subtransaction (0100/0020) for invoicing (see path Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable > Basic Functions > Postings and Documents > Document > Maintain Document Assignments > Maintain Transactions for IS-U > Maintain Transactions for Billing)?

My guess is that combination 0100/0002 is assigned to internal transaction 0100/0020, therefore is displayed in the FICA document.

The tax code is determined from the main/subtransaction determined in the billing document, but usually that subtransaction will not be displayed in the FICA document without further configuration.

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I have done a similar investigation in recent past for improving tax calculation logic in invoice.

For inovoice documents, in FPE3 transaction you can see main as 0100 and sub as 0020.

However there is no entry in EK02 for this main and sub.

Please remember, there is an entry in EK01 with the main 0100 as the balance sheet GL.

For profit and loss GL and tax GL the entries come from EK02 and accounts are determined not on overall invoice amount, but from the consumption/rates on which the customer is charged.

So, invoicing starts with billing rates. These rates are maintained with the operands and operands are maintained in installation fact.

Each billing rates are associated with debit sub and credit sub. These subs are under main 0100/0200/0300.

You will definitely find EK02 entries (P&L GLs) with these main and subs. In those EK02 entries, you'll be able to see the tax code.

When a bill is invoiced, the print document number is generated and the invoicing process creates and posts a document in FI-CA.

In the transaction EA40 you'll see the details invoice as how the amounts are calculated based on what rates.

As per the consumption on each rate you will see the posting amount from 'Doc Overview' section in EA40.

There you'll see amount portion on each subs (under main 0100) in the invoice.

Now based on the amount on these subs, GL posting and tax posting amounts are identified and posted in DFKKOPK. GL accounts and tax codes are identified as per the EK02 of these subs.

Based on the tax codes and line items in DFKKOPK, single/multiple entries are created in DFKKOP, each line item with its own tax code copying from DFKKOPK.

The screenshot you provided fetches the tax code from DFKKOP.

Please see below screenshots for tax codes in DFKKOP and DFKKOPK structure of a document.

Let me know if you need further information.

FKKOP -

FKKOPK -

Thanks

Bodhisattwa

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try to refer Posting area R410 (Assign summarization ST) using transaction FQC0.

Thanks