cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM - ACL already exists exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a KM folder where i have 20000 employee documents. The super_admin role has access to this folder. I am trying to set read only permission to each of these files individually to the respective employee.

The file name has the user id of the employee( ex: 822091_2014.pdf - belongs to user 822091). I am trying to write a code which loops through the folder read each file name, get the user id and provide read permission to that user to his or her document.

To start off with, i have chosen one document ("/documents/Company/SAP_DEV/822091_2014.pdf") as you can see in line 9

(I have still not started to code the logic to loop through folder and read each file name and extract user id from file name).

I am only trying to give read only permission to user 822091 to this document ("/documents/Company/SAP_DEV/822091_2014.pdf").

My coding is as given below.

However, i am getting AclExistsException. I read from various posts that this could because acl already exists. And, i tried various options mentioned, but i still get the AclExistsException exception. Can you please help?

try
{

com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement.IUser serviceUser =
WPUMFactory.getServiceUserFactory().getServiceUser("cmadmin_service");

IResourceContext resourceContext = new ResourceContext(serviceUser);

// Get document 822091_2014.pdf and assign read permission to user 822091
RID pathRID1 = RID.getRID("/documents/Company/SAP_DEV/822091_2014.pdf");

com.sapportals.wcm.repository.IResource resource =
ResourceFactory.getInstance().getResource(pathRID1, resourceContext);

com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement.IUser user =
  WPUMFactory.getUserFactory().getUser("822091");

//get Security Manager
ISecurityManager securityManager =
resource.getRepositoryManager().getSecurityManager(resource);

//get ACLSecurity Manager
IResourceAclManager irm = 
((IAclSecurityManager)securityManager).getAclManager();

//get ResourceAcl
IResourceAcl iracl = irm.createAcl(resource);

//get ACLPermission
IAclPermission aclperm = 
irm.getPermission(IAclPermission.ACL_PERMISSION_READ);

//create ACL entry
IResourceAclEntry iraclentry = irm.createAclEntry(user, false,aclperm,1);

//add ACL entry to ACL
iracl.addEntry(iraclentry);
}

catch (ResourceException e) {
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("ResourceException",false);
}
catch (AclPersistenceException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("AclPersistenceException",false);
}
catch (NotAuthorizedException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("NotAuthorizedException",false);
}
catch (AclExistsException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("AclExistsException",false);
}
catch (InvalidClassException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("InvalidClassException",false);
}
catch (AlreadyAssignedToAclException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("AlreadyAssignedToAclException",false);
}
catch (PermissionNotSupportedException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("PermissionNotSupportedException",false);
}
catch (UnsupportedOperationException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("UnsupportedOperationException",false);
}
catch (UserManagementException e)
{
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("UserManagementException",false);
}

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are trying to create a new ACL, not add an ACE to the existing ACL. Either initialize the existing ACL before adding to it (many choose to do it since you don't have to consider existing ACEs) or first get the existing ACL (IResourceAclManager.getAcl()) and add the new ACE to it.