cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown user name/password combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all

I have performed a restore of our production database (SIP) to our QA database (SIQ). The database starts up fine. When I attempt to start

SAP, I get a problem with a Unknown user name/password combination error in the dev_w0 trace.

C Fri Oct 03 14:44:18 2014

C  *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -4008 (POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination)

[dbsdbsql.cpp 139]

B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error -4008  performing CON [dbsh         1246]

B  ***LOG BY0=> POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination [dbsh         1246]

B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error -4008  performing CON [dblink       544]

B  ***LOG BY0=> POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination [dblink       544]

M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, db_connect ( DB-Connect 000256) [thxxhead.c   1521]

M  in_ThErrHandle: 1

M  *** ERROR => ThInit: db_connect (step 1, th_errno 13, action 3, level 1) [thxxhead.c   11445]

I have followed notes 39439 and 1871308 and still no luck. The xuser list command lists the four xuser entries that are expected for siqadm.

I cant find anything here or on Marketplace that resolves my problem, although there seems to be a lot of similar incidents reported.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Starting the SAP system via SAPMMC fails. In the work process trace file we see the error

ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -4008

Unknown user name/password combination    But when logged as SID>ADM user, we execute the command 'R3trans -d' comma

follow below note :1875264

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

remove Xuser entires for SAP  MAXDB with following note :

39439 - XUSER entries for SAP MaxDB

Regards

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just some general thoughts:

1. Double check with e.g. 'dbmcli', if the supposed passwords are really correct. For 'control' and 'superdba', simply execute
'dbmcli -d <yourdbname> -u <dba,passwd> db_state'.

2. Within a 'dbmcli' session, try a 'sql_connect <r3user,pwd>' to check if this also works.

3. You can check which users exist in your database via 'select * from users'

4. Keep in mind that the 'xuser'-entries are OS-user dependend, so you must create the xuser keys with the correct OS user.

5. You can check via 'dbmcli -U ...' if the connect via xuser keys works, just try
'dbmcli -d <yourdbname> -U <then the xuser key 'c' or 'w' ...>'
The capital 'U' indicates that dbmcli should use the xuser data identified by the key instead of the usually supplied user/pwd info.

6. What is your current R/3 user? siqadm or sipadm?

Thorsten