cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions & info needed on HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions regarding SAP HCM.

-Undergrad required to go into SAP HCM?

-What are the prerequisites if any?  HR background/experience needed?

-What is a day like in SAP HR field?

-Why would one go into this field?

-What kind of person would best fit this job?

-Best advice one can give for freshers going in this field.

A little about my background.  I don't have any formal degree or training but I have been in business field for 7 years and have a very good understanding of HR.  I am wanting to join SAP HR but not sure if this would be the right decision for me or not.  Please help with the above questions so I can decide what would be suitable for me.

Thank you for all your help.

Kartik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kartik

The very fact that you understand the business and HR functionality is more than enough to go for it.Now coming to your questions:

1. Doesn't really matter if you are an undergrad or a post grad. I am myself an MBA HR but don't find any significant necessity for it in my day to day work concerning SAP HCM.

2. This partially answers your second question! You only need to understand the characteristics of this application and try to relate the same with practical / live examples. I mean at the initial stage, rather than memorizing the customizing the paths you should try to find the logic behind the business objects created.

3. A Day in SAP HR field really makes little sense..!!! :-)... You can only enrich yourself by hands on experience..coz it is huge and detailed.

4.It depends on a individual's choice to go for it. Although sometimes choices are bestowed, you need to love it in order to shine.

5. Someone who likes to have a flavour of IT in handling business functionality should be the right person. By business functionality, i mean HR functions concerning a business.

6. As i have already stated, for a fresher, it is a must to understand the logic first and then go for advanced topics. Lots of books are available related to different sub modules, so it entirely depends on the requirement that one has. Anyways, theory & practice should go on simultaneously.

With Regards

JP