cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Add-in connection to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on EPM Add-in SP 14 and have been having issues onnecting to BW cubes/multi-providers.

We were able to successfully connect to a relatively small cube (6 dimensions with not a lot of members and less transaction data) but if we try to connect to an avergare to big cube excel is hanging on us and we end up killing the session.

We would like to extensively use this feature if we can ever get it to work on our cubes with large volume of data and my question is - has anyone been successful in connecting to cube/multiprovider with big volume of data ?

Or is there a fix for this in a latest support pack. Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

But why not to try yourself the latest EPM SP19? 10 min to install...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your response. Sure, please can you share me the link from where I can download SP19 . I tried to look it up but with no success.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You need a S number to download from the support portal.

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/support

software download tab

then search for EPM

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim/Andy,

I tried installing SP19 but no luck w.r.t connection to moderate size BW cubes. Excel is hanging up when I try to connect to a GL totals cube.

I am not sure why this BW connection option is provided if we can't get it to work.

Has it worked for you ? Any other alternative ?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Raj J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you install the .net 3.5 or .net 4 version of EPM add on?

I would suggest using .net 4 version for moderate size BW cubes.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. I figured out the issue in my case - "Do not load members" had to be selected to not load data at the time of connection.

Regards,

Raj J

Answers (0)