cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with BI-Open Document in Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have integrated BO SDK with Java-JSF based web application and we are using Trusted Authentication to connect to BO server.  We are able to view the Open Documents and  drill down the sub reports in Chrome/Firefox. But in IE (Internet Explorer) We are facing 2 issues:

Issue 1 in IE -version 8:

Once the trusted Authentication is successful with BO server, We are viewing a Web Intelligence - Open Document in a browser window which has drill down option. If we try to further link to view the detailed/sub-report (which is another Open Document), we are getting Error "Invalid Request(5)" in  in  IE 8

Issue 2 in IE - version 10 and above

Once the trusted Authentication is successful with BO server, We are viewing a Web Intelligence - Open Document in IE -10/11. In this case multiple windows (one with Actual data and other is a blank window) are opening to view a single Open Document which should not happen. Also if we try to open the Detailed/Sub report (which is a new Open Document), the existing summary report is overriding with the sub report (detailed report) which will not allow us to see Summary report and Sub report in 2 different tabs. Instead its overriding the sub-report in the summary tab.

Above mentioned 2 issues are working perfectly fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Only in IE we are seeing these issues.

Any pointers in this regards is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Dell ! I have raised the support case. Waiting for their response in this regards. Will update once I get the solution.

Thanks,

Venkat

j_pick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Facing the same issue. How did you resolve it?

Thank and regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

When we try to open using BI Launchpad, its working fine. Only if we try to through Open Document through Java webapplication, we are facing this issue. Also this is happening only in the IE browser.

Thanks,

Venkat

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds to me like you may have to open a support case for this.  Since you have BO, you should have a maintenance contract with access to open a case.  Be sure to select BI-DEV-JAV as the Component - I've had MUCH better responses from the support folks on the SDK teams than I've ever had with the "regular" BO support from SAP.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

You would also want to run the opendocument url directly in the internet browser and check the results.

Do not open the reorts from BILaunchpad. Instead, the open document url you are excuting from your app, hit the url directly in the browser, it will ask for your credentials, provide the credentials and check the behaviour.

It will isolate whether the issue is with the java-JSF application or from BO opendocument with IE versions you are using.

Thanks,
Prithvi

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of BO are you using (please include the Service Pack number as well...)

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks for your response.

BO 4.1 SP3 Patch 1

Thanks,

Venkat

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you try navigate through the same reports in BI Launchpad, do you still have issues or is it just through OpenDocument?

Looking at page 7 of the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for BI 4.1 SP3, I see that IE 8 and IE 11 are only supported on Windows 7 and IE 10 is supported on both Windows 7 and 8.  I also see that JRE 6 is no longer supported as of SP3.  So, if any of these conditions apply on the machines where you're trying to open the reports, that's what is causing your problem if BI Launchpad has the same issues as the OpenDocument calls in your application.

-Dell