Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Segment in FSCM-CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing FSCM-CR and i have a specific doubt

In the config for FSCM-CR, i see 2 nodes to create credit segment -

A) We define credit segments in spro under Credit Risk Monitoring --> Master Data --> create credit Segments

B) We also define credit segments in SPRO under Integration with S&D-->Define Credit segment . We further assign this credit segment to sales area

Now while creating BP using role UKM000, we maintain credit limit  against a credit segment - Here i can see the credit segments maintained in A) above and i can set a credit limit.

My question is - then what is the use of creating credit segment under B) above - What is the link between the credit segments A and B.

Further how will the credit segment in A) defined above against which Credit limit is maintained in BP, relate with Sales area.

I ask this because, the BP is a customer for different sales areas, and we want to set credit limits seperately for each of the sales areas

Pl guide

Thanks

Swami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

henry2022
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I want to konw, if just creat one credit segement ,but i want to define 10 credit segement ,it is ok?

former_member214808
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaminathan,

The first place you define Credit segment you identify whether it is a Main segment or not. You identify the currency for that Credit segment in which the limits will be assigned and exposure will be updated.

The second place you define it is required to assign it to Credit Control Area. Without which it will not be connected to SD and FI.

Now if you want to have different credit limits per sales Org. you need to define that many Credit segments but one of the Credit segments need to be identified as Main Credit Segment. Also you have to define that many Credit control Areas and assign Sales Area to these Credit Control Areas. And then you assign Segments to Credit Control Area. This way each sales org will get its own credit limit.

let me know if you have further questions

Regards

Prateek.

former_member635757
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Sap standard only allows 1 credit control area to be assigned per company code and 1 credit control area can only be assigned to 1 segment ( i.e. a company code cannot have more than 1 credit control area and a credit control area can only have 1 credit segment

Therefore how do you define " that many Credit control Areas and assign Sales Area to these Credit Control Areas."

Example

Co Code A ==> Credit control area A

Sales Org A ==> Company code A

There are 10 different sales areas in Sales Org A

How do you define 10 different Credit control areas representing the 10 different sales areas? all within same company code ?

Regards

Zelda Holloway

ankur_kabir
Participant
0 Kudos

You can combine them with main credit segment and these become related with each other.  Otherwise, they would act as stand alone

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

Try to verify credit control area for FI. These areas can be assigned to segment, too.