Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform agent

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please provide clarify the below questions..

a) To install a platform agent on NON sap servers like windows and unix, we download it from configuration ->software or New Process Server > Platform Agent" dialog. But If I want to install a platform agent on a SAP server from where can I download a platform agent. Also after downloading, how to install it on a SAP server instance.

b) After downloading a platform agent for NON sap servers, how can I move it to the target host where it needs to be istalled, for example a unix server?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Platform agents are "server" agents you install on the OS (Windows, Linux, Solaris ...). You can copy them via scp, windows file shares, NFS, FTP (binary), USB drives ...  This is the same for SAP and non-SAP servers ... at the end of the day, an SAP server runs on Windows or UNIX ... so does the platform agent. The platform agent runs OS workloads, no SAP workloads.

I recommend you go to "Environment > Process Server", you select "New Process Server" and follow the instructions on screen. Once you have downloaded the file, copy it to the target system, connect to the target system (using either RDP (Remote Desktop), VNC, PcAnywhere, SSH(UNIX only, excluding OS X)...) and execute the file as an administrator (root/sudo/pkexec on UNIX).

The CPS server will connect to the remote servers on port 1555, by default (you select the port in the wizard), so the firewall/iptables need to be configured to allow these connections.

You should always have somebody familiar with the platform (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX etc) download and install the software (a Unix/Windows Administrator).

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Carpenter

Answers (0)