Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending material master via idoc to multiple sales org/distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm a beginner in ALE.

I would like to sent between 2 SAP systems some Material Master.

My requirements are :

In sender system the MM is created only with the view DB1/2 and one Sales view.

Example:

MATNR = 123.456.789

VKORG = AAAA

VTWEG = aa

I need to transfer those MM trought idoc to the receiverd system. I'm using MASTMAS05.

The Material Master shoul be the same as the sender but I need to open this MM to different the sales view in the receiver system

Example

MATNR = 123.456.789 ( the same as the sender)

The MM should be opened for 2 sales view below

VKORG1 = BBBB

VTWEG1 = bb

VKORG2 = CCCC

VTWEG2 = cc

Coudl you kidnly help me ?

In advanc many thanks.

Virginie

4 REPLIES 4

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you send a Tata Nano from India to Germany, then it is still a Tata Nano when it arrives, and not a Mercedes. There may be some smaller modifications to get a registration in Germany, but this does not really change the basic attributes.

Quite similar it is with sending materials by ALE, it arrives like it was sent, you are able to exchange some values, e.g. exchanging sales org AAAA to BBBB , but you are usually not adding extra segments to this Idoc to have finally 3 sales segments instead of one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I understand.

But what is the process (step by step) to follow in order to send my MM in the receiver system and to got it with the 2 new sales organisation ?

Shoudl I do a conversion ?

Thank you for your reply.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALE distribution is usually to have a 1:1 copy in a satellite system.

Based on the scenario, you are probably able to do a MM01 to extend the materials manually in your satellite.

I did something similar to your request in a data migration, but with an extra step in the middle, I sent an IDOC as file, used this as source in LSMW, added the extra segments via coding in the field mapping and then created a new IDOC for posting. see my blog:

(however, it is not described there how to add the extra segments, just the general process)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thank you for your answer.

I'll look at your documentation.