Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS: FITE_EXPRESS_EXPENSES - Error in displaying form

RainerP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have two problems regarding our ess travel expense scenario.

1. If the users chooses express expenses and in the overview screen he selects the actual month or the month before and afterwards clicking on button "results/print all" , everything is working fine and the correct form is going to be displayed. But if the user is choosing any other month before the last, then no form is going to be opened and the the following error is going to be displayed:

The transaction SLG1 and SM21 are not showing any information.

2. After the user has entered all relevant travel information in the express expense sheet and clicked on button save they also have to print the results of the travles expenses. If the user is doing this in one session an runtime error is generated (ASSERTION_FAILED) in programm SAPLPTRA_ESS_MEMORY.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Rainer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

• Please post your system Information, otherwise this is going to be a Guessing-Game.
  • Have you searched in the Market place for notes yet? Have you used TA ANST?
  • Do the problems you stated only exist in the WDA EES application or also in your backend (PR05/TRIP)?
  • Have you tried tracing / debugging yet?

Cheers, Lukas

RainerP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

system information:

EA_HR 605 SP Level 54; SAP_HR 604 SP Level 77; SAP_BASIS 702; SAP_APPL 600;

Yes i have searched in the market place for any note but was not able to find anything helpful.

I've also debugged the process (the problem is only in WDA ESS and not in backend) and in my opinion the problem is with the abap kernel method: ab_kmGetRuntimeHR in the method IF_ABAP_RUNTIME~GET_RUNTIME(LCL_HR_TIMER) of the class CL_ABAP_RUNTIME.

I've also implemented the nwbc abap runtime patch 40 note from the service market place.

Thanks.
Rainer

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

I don't use the EES service myself and we use a Portal and not NWBC, so I can't really relate to the problems you have, but maybe I can still be a bit of help to push you into the right direction. At least our systems are quite similar; I'm on NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 11, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 73 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 24.

If your Basis Stack Level of your 7.02 NW is >= 13, then you should try tracing with ANST:

To rule out it has something to do with the NWBC. Have you tried launching the application directly from SE80?

Cheers, Lukas

RainerP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your answer.

I've tried to trace the problem with ANST, but without any result. I think ANST only will give a result if the application dumps, or? In my case the application only shows the error message posted above.

I've also tried to launch the application directly from SE80 - also without any result. In my opinion there is no problem with the application "FITE_EXPRESS_EXPENSES" itself, only with the forwarding if you click on the button "results/print_all" - the weird thing is, that the error only occurs if you want to print a month before the last. So it works for October and September but not for August and any other month.

If i run the report in R/3, which is going to be called from Web Dynpro, there is no problem and i get the expected results.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Rainer

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

ANST always provides results. The tool is tracing all software components used during the trace and searches Notes for these components that are valid for your system. It doesn't matter whther you get an error or not.

My only other suggestion would be debugging the handling methods behind the print-button.

Cheers, Lukas

RainerP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

well i found out that i had to implement note 2052346 to start and stop the trace for web dynpro.

Although the ANST tool delivered no solution for me, your hint pushed me in the right direction. With the st05 and some debugging i found the "error".

This code segment (IF t_perio_sim-abrec EQ '0' OR t_perio_sim-abrec EQ '1') in the bapi "BAPI_TRIP_GET_FORM_HTML" selects only the trips which are in status "open" and in status "to be settled" - If no such trip exists, the program throws this strange error mentioned above.

Now i will try to find a solution for the second error with ANST

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Rainer

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

very nice! Thanks for the feedback and good luck with ANST (I think the tool's pretty awesome :>).

Cheers, Lukas

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Check this note:

1354755 - Cannot display HTML Form

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1354755

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hugo

RainerP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

thanks for your reply but the system is not able to implement this note.

Regards,

Rainer