cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP EIC - Contact Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create a Contact record before a Service Ticket? We need to have a record of agent's interaction with an employee, even though it did not result in a service ticket.

In the original version of EIC there used to be a concept of "Interaction Record" which got created as soon as the agent "confirmed" an employee. Then if a Service Ticket was needed it would get linked to the Interaction Record. Otherwise, the Interaction Record would be saved as a record of the contact between agent and employee.

In the current version of EIC (after VP), I notice there is a concept of Contact which I suspect is the same as interaction record. However I cannot create a Contact until a Service Ticket is created.

This is not right, since some of the calls don't result in service tickets. We need to create a Contact record before the Service Ticket to record the fact that a call was answered. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks
Ramin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The more I dig into the EIC code the more I am convinced that the "Employee Confirmation" and "Interaction Record" concepts should NOT have been removed by SAP. Today I noticed that the Alert Management listens to the OnConfirm event. Without that we can`t event use the Alerts.

The EIC application without Confirmation and Interaction Record components seems crippled to me, for lack of a better word. These were essential components of the original EIC and were removed by Value Pack (in 2007). But were kept and enhanced in the master application in CRM.

Everything now in EIC has to be done through massive enhancements (ie. throw-away code) or scoping down your business requirements because you cannot satisfy them.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This record is typically done via your CTI technology. ERP EIC does NOT offer the ability to record a call that does not result in a ticket although we have built some creative work arounds for other customers.

On a side it is important to note that many customers want to record EVERY call from an employee so they can report properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying that Jarret.

The problem with reporting through CTI is you don't have employee and category information there.

I'm thinking of customizing a second type of Activity in EIC, call it IR. When a call comes in after employee confirmation we create an IR type activity in the background. Then if the request turns into service ticket, the service ticket will be created as a linked activity to the IR activity.

That way, we will have a record of ALL calls, and no need to build reports that join to CTI records.