cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help value issue after EHP6 upgrade

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a strangest issue with search help after upgrading the system to EHP6 (and SP accordingly). In the composite search help (F4) when we use dropdown for additional search values, either blank value or some text is being returned back to the field. This affects all such search helps in multiple transactions (XD03, VA03, KO04, you name it).

E.g. in this screenshot (XD03) when calling F4 for customer number, for the Country code when we double-click on one of the values, it should bring the value back to the search fields, but it doesn't.

So far I have not been able to find any notes or even SCN posts on this. This works the same way in different GUI versions. It works correctly in the non-upgraded system. Also it works if we change the Help setting to the Dialog(modal) vs. system default, but IMHO we should be able to use both options and both should work correctly.

Has anyone experienced the same issue after an upgrade?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Argh, un-friggin'-beliveable! Correction is in the note 1966121 - Unexpected popup with title M appearing after F4 help , found it through KBA 2061570 - F4 help in SU01, SU10,..... does not work after SP Update or EhP Upgrade

We have no pop-up appearing and neither note nor KBA mention the other transactions that could be affected. At this point I was just going through the whole search by F4 (few thousand notes). Symptoms in KBA were exactly as ours and when I looked at the correction instructions in 1966121 I saw that they contain include WDTMFORS. So I put a breakpoint there and lo and behold - other search helps go through the same one.

There must be some special circle of hell reserved for the SAP people who can't label the notes properly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

I had a similar issue after the upgradation process.

I too went over some several 100 notes till i came across your post and it finally worked for me.

Thank you so much for your help regarding this and i must agree with your statement regarding the people who cant label the notes properly!

Thanks again.

GCP

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we could also succeed with setting user-parameter ID ACCESSIBILITY_MODE to X.

It is a little bit like a workaround but it works quite well.

Best regards

Matthias

Anyway we also implemented that note for popup M

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is quite strange; in our production system we are on EHP6 and I just tried this with XK03 and I don't experience this

Is something going on with the personal values list in your session?  Are you up-to-date on the SAP Gui (even though a new one is coming out Wednesday?)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for a reply, Tammy!

No personal values (I've tried using them too but it didn't make any difference). At this point I doubt it's a GUI issue - we have tried with different versions (including 7.3) but all have the same result.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena - I found a thread - see if related notes mentioned apply to you

(Eli Kloski answer)