cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM7 Engineering Record not working as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I’m trying to set ou PLM 7 Engineering Record, but not everything is working as expected.

I have set up in customizing, that the system should create a Change Number when changing the status to 20 but nothing happened.

Can you tell me what is missing?

I although tried to link a document to the Engineering Record. I know, some customizing at the document type is missing. I know I have to add the link type /PLMB/ECR. But I don’t know the screen number.

Can you tell me?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

For attaching a document to a ECR , please use the path Logistics general -->PLM -> Document Management -> Control Data -> Define document types and then define object links . Maintain /PLMB/ECR entry for the type of document you want to attach . This shall solve your one problem .

About your another problem , can you let me know what exactly you have done for the configuration of change number creation in a particular status ?

Thanks ,

Abhishek .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

thanks for your help.

I know I have to define the object links, but I don't know which Screen Number I have to use for this customizing. Can you tell me or look up in your system?

For my other problem I will describe my customizing in another post.

Thanks

Thomas

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Screen number shall be 500 . Test it and let me know if it helps .

Thanks ,

Abhishek Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

the Screen Number 500 works only half. The system did't dump any longer but I only see this in CV02N

Thanks,

Thomas

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thomas ,

I am little confused . You have to create the document via PLM Web UI and then go to the documents tab of the Engineering Record . In the document , do a F4 help and add the document created and press save .

I donot understand the usage of CV02N here .

Thanks ,

Abhishek.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Currently it is possible to link ECRs to a DIR only from PLM Web UI

See note: 1709037 - Function Module "OBJECT_CHECK_/PLMB/ECR" cannot be found

So you should open the Display Document in PLM WebUI and check there the Object Links.

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Tamas,

Do you know the table name that would contain the object link of the ER and the DIR?

I thought this would be in DRAD-DOKOB (/PLMB/ECR), but I cannot seem to find the link/key to find the actual Engineering Record its linked to. I thought the object key or the DMS GUIID field might be the key but i dont know what table to cross reference to.

Can you lend a hand?

Thank you.

Greg

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Greg

use the method lo_ecr_bo to find the link between DIR and ER

Cheers

Satish

0 Kudos

Much thanks Satish!