Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP's will not execute due to inactive transforms that are active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Still a newer member of the community.

I have a few BW statistics that I need to  load into the system. I have the info packages loaded, but when I attempt to to execute the dtps, its says the transforms are not active. But they are. Here are a few screenshots:

MY initial thought was to reactivate the transform and that would fix the problem however:

I have no idea what is going with this particular screen. Now here is something weird. In my other system, I loaded the exact same thing (what I believe to be anyway, since I didn't create any of this ). but there no DTP's and system moved the requests into their respective cubes with no issues.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

maneeshinfo87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I hopeyou got your answer as per above posts, just to add for second screenshot.

Whenever you try to create/ modify any object in dev system it will ask for transfer request.

Transport Requests in SAP are the ONLY way in which you can record changes and move them across systems.

In your case if you want to change the object locally (within system) you can create one request by Clicking Below.

In next screen you need to mentioned Description, like Do Not Transport, Package which you can mentioned as $temp then Save, then only you can able to change any object like DTP/ Transformation in your case.

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James ,

As it is mentioned above 'The first screen is transfer structure not transformation' So please check transformation and see if it active or not. If it is not active, You can activate it directly from RSA1  or through the abap Program '' . During activation from RSA1 it might ask for transport request no. (Same as 2nd screenshot) . You can create any request and can save your transformation in that request. It is nothing but a container which keep the objects . So that you can transport it to other  BW systems (Dev-> Quality) .

For creating transport Request - Click on the create icon in the below screenshot.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

The Transformation seems to  be inactive in your DEV system.

What you have marked in your 1st screen shot is the Transfer Structure. Transformation is the  horizontal green sign.

Activate it using program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE. Provide the corresponding Tranformation id and execute

The second screen you mentioned is the Transport Request screen, which will create and collect all the objects that have been created/modified and will be imported in Quality and production.

Regards,

Amit

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Your first screen belongs to 3.x and they are transfer rules.

Second screen: when we change and activate any objects on your server above pop will prompt as per transport settings. Above pop belongs to transport request. so don't create or continue.

Try to check your transformations have any issues.

use program(t code - SE38) - RSTRAN_ROUT_RSFO_CHECK.

Later try to activate your transformations.You can go to your transformations, change mode, save and activate it. later you actiavte your dtp and try to execute it.

Or you can use program SE38 - RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE.

Transformations are below green mark and dtp is orange mark.

Thanks