cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Replication Server/15.7.1/EBF 20678 ESD#2, getting "Locking Resource" from SQT. Have reconfigured repserver based on P&T document but continue to get the message. What else do I need to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the section Replication Server SMP & Internal Threading of the Sybase Replication Server Performance and Tuning (ver 2.0.1), The discussion is on the new use of mutex. Using the formula for calculating the configuration value for mutex, I increased the value to 1536 from the default of 1024. I also recycled the repserver and the repagents. However, I am still getting this message when Bradmark checks the status of the repserver. What else do I need to consider?

Message from Bradmark...

NORAD Surveillance RS_THREAD_DOWN

150;SQT;118;1 DIST BAY1_SBNMASTER: Replication Thread [SQT] for [118:1  DIST BAY1.sbnmaster] is [Locking Resource].

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Having a thread in "Locking Resource" does not mean there is an issue unless it does not stay in that state.

I don't know how does "Bradmak" to determine when to report this error, but if it just issue an "admin who" command and check the status of each thread, it is possible it had seen that in a snapshot only.

Now, if the state remain, it could be a lake of resource or cache size undersized.

In such case, it's a better practice to run and collect several "admin time admin who admin who,sqm admin who,sqt" to check how things are "moving" in SRS including threads status, Queue markers and other counters reported here.

Regards

Yvan

Answers (0)