cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown SAP GUI 7.40

leonardo_pavia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends, I just downloaded this morning  SAP GUI 7.40 for Windows (yes, is available as of today Oct. 6, I just found it in download section) and installed successfully on my Windows 8.1 system. Everything seems to be working perfectly except systems with SAP Router connection. I got this error:

hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown

Anybody else with this issue?

Thanks

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo

Same error here, seems the SAP router strings are either not saved or saved incorrectly. Found that if you open the file SAPUILandscape.xml you can remove the tailing slash i.e. router="/H/<host>/H/" to router="/H/<host>" to get the connection working. Also discovered that this works okay for the SAP Logon Pad but the NWBC logon seems to remove the SAProuter values all together.

Systems without a router string, no problems.

Rgrds
Craig

daniel_kaiser
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I had the same issue. After installation of SAP GUI 740 everything was fine. Then I installed the NWBC and after that I got the error in NWBC, but GUI still worked.

After restarting the SAP GUI, I got the same error in "normal" GUI.

To solve the issue, I uninstalled the NWBC and restarted the SAP GUI and now everything is fine.

We don't user a router!

Best regards

Daniel

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

meanwhile it's also documented in note 2077230.

Kind regards,
Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it worked for me.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a bug in patch level 0 . See Note 2077230. A fix will be delivered in patch level 1.

I am closing that conversation.

Kind regards,

Eric

NW Clients Moderator

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The below link will be helpful for new viewers.

Link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59397

Best Regards,

RR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leandro,

Check SAP Note 2077230.  They discuss this issue with a couple of solutions depending on which patch level you're on. Here is what they stated for the workarounds until the next patch:

• Workaround for patch 0:
    If the SAProuter string is missing, delete your UI landscap files: SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml (see also note 2075150 about where to find them) and restart SAP Logon (Pad), so that data migration will be made again by SAP Logon (Pad) and SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml will be newly created.
    If you have the error message while making logon,
    open the landscap file in a text editor and replace the string /H/" (4 characters) with " (one character), so that the router string has the following syntax
    /H/saprouter/S/saprouterservice
    (make sure that no other strings outside <Routers>...</Routers> are modified),
    then restart SAP Logon (Pad), the logon will succeed.
    If you are a system administrator for your SAP Logon Pad (saplgpad.exe) users, you should modify their landscape files for them or distribute the modified files to them.

• Solution for patch 1:
    The trailing "/H/" will be deleted automatically after the mirgration by SAP Logon (Pad) from ini to landscape format

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos

Hello Todd,

Thanks a lot!

Leandro Bessa

0 Kudos

Hello friends!

Can anyone give me the download link of the SAP GUI 7.40?

Regards ,

Leandro Bessa

Ahmed_Hashem
Explorer
0 Kudos

if you have SAP marketplace user, you can download from here SAP GUI 740

0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed ,

I believe that I do not have access to download your link, if you can pass the file to my email I would be very grateful.

[the patch is available for download in the SMP]

Regards.

Leandro Bessa

Message was edited by: Eric VanDeCatsije

leonardo_pavia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro, a SAP Marketplace ID is a must to be able to download SAP Software. May be you can get access to an ID if you ask for one to your system administrators. Furthermore, not all Marketplace IDs have download permissions, it's must be granted by admins.

Best regards,

peter_albrecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem "hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown" with SAP GUI 7.40, but

for all connections using a "logon group" and a "message server".

It seems that SAP Gui 7.40 sometimes does not convert the message servers from the saplogon.ini into the xml file SAPUILandscape.xml.

The following Workaround did help me to add the message servers to SAPUILandscape.xml:

On the properties menu for each connection enter the message server including the message server Port like "mysap.mydomain.com:36xx"  (xx is your instance number) and the SAP System ID manually.

Now you may choose the "Logon Group" and save your connection entry.

Kind regards

Peter

former_member528562
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Peter,

I tried this as well.  I was able to add the Logon Group name from the dropdown and save, BUT.....

When I tried to actually logon, I got a load balancer error.  I am going to see if there are any addition bits of info from the note listed in the message from Craig.

I am glad there are others in the same boat with me.

Josh

peter_albrecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I never got a load balancing error, probably this is not a SAP GUI 740 issue and could be a server problem.

Did you remove the '/H/' form the saprouter string as mentioned in sap note 2077230?

My saprouter string including the '/H/' at the end does work with option "Group/Server Selection", but it does not work with option "Custom Application Server".

After removing the '/H/' both options are working without any problem.

Peter

peter_albrecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I found the reason for the missing message server in the SAPUILandscape.xml config after migration from SAPGUI 730. There was no C:\windows\sapmsg.ini file.

With a proper sapmsg.ini file in c:\windows the landscape migration will successfully complete.

By the way: error messages from the migration process can be found in the SAPGUIs trace directory .

=> a wrong entry in sapmsg.ini or services file (located at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc) could also be the reason for a load balancing error (issue from Josh).

Cheers

Peter

former_member528562
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ah.  That could definitely explain it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir, it working for me.

0 Kudos

note just released,

Note 2077230 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: missing SAPRouter string for system entry and error "hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown"

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2077230

Rgrds

Craig

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

I too have the issue.

It worked fine initially but today it seems corrupt.

My workaround is to remove:

SAPUILandscape.xml

SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml

Keep saplogon.ini and then start sapgui which then generates the  SAPUILandscape.xml files again.

Will try to set a read only flag to prevent them from being destroyed until fix from SAP comes.

/fredrik

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Some another funny issue with new SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Fredrik,

I slightly changed your workaround.

It is necessary to remove:

SAPUILandscape.xml

SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml

and remove trailing /H/ for every row at section [Router] of saplogon.ini

finally it is enough to start saplogon

Regards, Evgeniy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to me saplogon creates wrong address to target system

**************************************************************************************

CComContext::SetProperty: disable supportbit 'EXTMODE_FONT_METRIC'

time stamp: Date: 2014-10-08 Time: 10:17:18 (StopWatch: 00:00:000)

CComContext::Connect: connect string '/H/<our saprouter IP>/H//H/192.168.21.190/S/3230', timeout 10000

CComContext::CreateConnectData:

CComContext::CreateConnectData: buffer size = 110

CComContext::Trace_Window_Size_from_Connection_Data: window_size={AreaHeight=30,AreaWidth=193,WindowHeight=30,WindowWidth=193} (sizes are in dynpro cha

rs).

error in network layer: hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown

Location                SAProuter 40.4 on 'saprouter'

Time            Wed Oct  8 10:11:42 2014

Component       NI (network interface)

Release         720

Version         40

Module          nixxhl.cpp

Line            133

Method          hostname empty

Return Code     -90

Counter         128

CComContext::Connect: Connect failed, error: -100time stamp: Date: 2014-10-08 Time: 10:17:18 (StopWatch: 00:00:016)

CNetwork::ShowLastError: got error message >hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown

**************************************************************************************

/H//H/ is wrong symbol sequence.

Regards

leonardo_pavia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, problem solved for me following this steps:

1. Uninstall SAP GUI 7.4

2. Delete folder c:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\SAP

3. Install SAP GUI 7.4

4. Create connections entries from scratch.

I don't have NWBC installed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this problem with and without NWBC.

Also I don't see that SAPLOGIN_INI_FILE is affected.

Another issue - all entries with saprouter field are empty now.

The same saprouter string works fine with 730

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Try to start the sap with command prompt if it working fine then you have uninstall whole thing

sap gui 7.4 and install through admin login before that clear all regitry entries

which is your os check the os sp pack support gui 7.4 it all given release notes  otherwise update sp pack of your os if still not clear send me the screen shot

Regards