cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Period not updating Analysis for Office Workbook

0 Kudos

Hello all, we are on Analysis for Office v. 1.4 SP6

We have a user who has created an Analysis workbook with 10 tabs. Upon opening the workbook and refreshing for this new month, the Fiscal Periods for the last 4 months including current month is not updated with the current month, it is still showing for the previous month. I ran the BEx BW Report the Analysis Workbook is based off and it is showing the correct months for the Fiscal Period User Exit variable. I checked the workbook for any hard coded values on Fiscal Period but there is not, it should be taking it from the BW Report. In the Components Tab if I reset the Datasource then the data for the Fiscal Periods show correctly. Do I need to enable the checkbox the option for each Datasource "Reset Data Source on Opening Workbook"? It seems like the workbook values are locked and not updating based on the variable in the BW Report unless I Reset data source vs just Refresh All the data.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

what you describe sounds strange?!

I'm on AO 1.4.7 with a query where the first selection period is filled via Customer Exit variable, and 23 more columns are based on this via Offset +1, +2, +3 etc.

When I refresh the datasource the columns are eventually refreshed and the correct variable value determined for the current month ... just checked it with my version from last refresh in Sept., now in Oct. it is refreshed correctly ...so, I cannot reproduce your issue.

You could try it with AO 1.4.7 or 1.48 once... but I doubt this is the issue.

Regards, Martin

Btw.: My refresh is done manually, not on start of the Excel Report.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your response. Yes it is odd and maybe attributed to this workbook alone, there are custom formulas created in the Analysis workbook. We could test AO 1.4.7/8 on another test client and see if that fixes the issue. As a workaround I can go ahead and have them enable the option "Reset Data Source on Opening Workbook" and see if that works for when next period/month comes around.

If anyone else has any ideas please post as well.

Thank you,

Answers (0)