Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving license master leads to short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GTS Experts

We have a problem

Create Import/Export License' or 'Change Import/Export License', for attribute 'Materials'- User is getting a short-dump when a entry field UOM (unit of measure) in Qty is missing when to activate and save the license.

Proposed solution for system to check the UOM and Currency in license maintain as per oss note 2056310 suggested to perform below setting:

1) Go to path: IMG->Global Trade Services->Compliance Management->Legal Control->Define License Types

2) Select the license type you want to maintain

3) In the left side, select the dialog structure as 'Allowed Status', double click the allowed status in which user want to maintain the value and

quantity

4) In the detail view of 'Allowed Status', specify the field control for Value update and Quantity update to either 'Optional Entry' or 'Required Entry'

5) Save the changes

My question :If we make the above change to avoid short dump - Is there any risk or impact on other GTS areas? Appreciate for any inputs or suggestions

Thanks

PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

The above settings put forward by you are the ones that check and update data at the legal control level. This will not have major impacts on other areas of SAP GTS. Below are the possible follow up things that will happen:

The license part will get copied on to the Customs Declaration. That’s just standard GTS and would affect much.

On the Value and Quantity Update fields, please make sure these values comes from the Feeder system and check if they are well available in range for future transactions to be carried out without any block.

If still, there is any issue that comes up, please share it with us.

Regards,

Aman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

The correction instructions are just to make Value and quantity attributes as option or required while maintaining license master. So, this  shouldn't have any impact. On checking the code change, its just an error message to be issued while maintaining license. So not too much to worry.

I had a question for you, in your license type when you had Value and Quantity attribute enabled. Didn't you set this as option or required entry in your allowed status? I believe you would have this enabled already.

Just wanted to double check if your issue is exactly similar to whatever is explained in the note.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GTS guys

Thanks for the quick response and the inputs on this issue.I will go ahead and make the changes and share you,if we you see any issue

Regards

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman/Dhilip

As stated both of you,I did not see any issues after the settings.Both are correct answers but  I have to mark one of you for correct answer .So its Aman- who responded first.

Thanks again for the inputs

Regards

PV