Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum websocket connections active at a time?

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While experimenting with websockets (ABAP Push Channels) I noticed the following in transaction SMICM.

I had 3 applications open which were using websockets, it permanently showed the connections while those applications are open, which is what I would have expected since the connection is active and waiting for a message to be broadcast.

However I noticed that on this particular system the maximum connections is set to 500.

What would that maximum be on a Production system, and is it possible to increase that without any issues?

Are there any performance implications if the active websocket connections starts going into the thousands? Say 10 000 or more?

Cheers,

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

masoud_aghadavoodijolfaei
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

my answer in my blog ABAP Channels Part 1 to question of  Sergiu Popa Sep 11, 2014 8:26 PM was:

:

the limitation based on the application server/ICM/WebDispatcher profile parameter configurations. In our lab tests with the respective server we reached 20000 parallel WebSocket connections, which in certain cases led to memory issues in backend. The respective profile parameter for ICM/WebDispatcher are:

rdisp/max_websocket_connections=20000

icm/max_conn=20000

Best regards,

Masoud

2 REPLIES 2

masoud_aghadavoodijolfaei
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

my answer in my blog ABAP Channels Part 1 to question of  Sergiu Popa Sep 11, 2014 8:26 PM was:

:

the limitation based on the application server/ICM/WebDispatcher profile parameter configurations. In our lab tests with the respective server we reached 20000 parallel WebSocket connections, which in certain cases led to memory issues in backend. The respective profile parameter for ICM/WebDispatcher are:

rdisp/max_websocket_connections=20000

icm/max_conn=20000

Best regards,

Masoud

0 Kudos

Thanks Masoud! I read you blog in July or August so never saw that question when I read it