cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Feature activation

0 Kudos

Dear All

i came across with one issue that , while activating the ABKRS feature is showing below error as

ABKRS : Error during report generation (GENERATE REPORT).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said above Yes there is limitation in Feature

If you see in the table T549B In Main Node You can create "N" number  of entries that is unlimited

Under the node that is sub node you can able to create only 9 entries The system will not accept if you create more than that

0 Kudos

Yes Rajesh, there is limitation for feature.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

I think so every feature has some limitation so to exceed the limitation you will have to communicate with ABPER where he can do.

Ur's Mohan

0 Kudos

Ya Mohan, i have checked with abaper. he is also shown me where the error is getting. if i skip the condition then it will get activate but it doesn't generate the report of feature. then it is no use of using feature. if feature is activated then report should get generated of feature. that's what i observed.

Thanks

Surya..

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what solution is given by ABAPER?

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you create another node that is main node Underneath that give sub node

Sub nodes: You can able to create only 9 entries and not more than that

Main Node: you can create any

Create a main node ,assign a sub node this way you will be able to resolve your issue please check

0 Kudos

ABAPER has debugged the feature. in debugging he found statement that " GENERATE PROGRAM  program name" . here this statement is getting failed so feature is not activated. so here error is getting raised.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard we have entries only with two characters that is for example 1A, 2B, 3C till 9N

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's not accepting why don't you disclose with your client like It's not possible.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all quick response. i had inform to client and manager that to reduce the few nodes in feature. still discussion is pending.

Thanks

Surya..

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

If you check my previous response, I had mentioned that the feature accepts only payroll area as the return value. However, in your "Otherwise" node, there is a program name mentioned which is causing the failure. The same thing has been highlighted by your abaper. You need to remove that program name from the node.

Regards

Shruti

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The feature will accepts payroll area as return value but it will acccept only 9 values for each sub node for main node

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

Always client is like that only if still client won't listen just raise to SAP support team and get information from them & show to client.

I think so this is the best way

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl. share screen shot of the issue, is there any program assigned in this Feature.

0 Kudos

Hi Kedhar,

i got the point why error is coming , in this feature contains the number of nodes, i think it was exceeded the limit. so i have deleted 5 nodes(employee subgroups) then this was activated, but it doesn't mean that those 5 nodes are incorrect.  finally if i want to add extra nodes to this feature then it is not supporting. is there any alternative to provide this solution?

Thanks

Surya.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

Kindly can you share screen shot like how did you maintain.....?

Ur's Mohan

0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

PFA.

As per below feature is maintained, under personnel area employee subgroup is maintained and under ESG payroll area is defaulted. like there are so many nodes maintained in feature. Finally i found that there is limitation for nodes. it is taking maximum of apprx 9300 nodes are accepting to activate the feature. if i remove some 9 nodes then it is getting activating.

and i  want is there any alternative process to maintain the more nodes/decision trees in feature.

Thanks

Surya.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

It seems good but I'm not getting why It won't accept...! & also did you try with ABAPER for debugging ?

I think so you might have saved this Feature normally this should be active mode like below my screen shot

Ur's Mohan

0 Kudos

ya mohan, it should activate but that is only the issue. after saving i was tried to activate. it is not activating. in my R & D i found that if i delete 9 nodes. then its got activated.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Even I did check with ABKRS feature doc

ABKRS  Default Value for Payroll Area

Object

Feature

Task

This feature enables you to obtain the default value for the payroll

area.

Use

Infotype 0001, Organizational Assignment

Procedure

The return value of the feature is a payroll area from table T549A,

Payroll Areas. This can be overwritten and is reassigned and displayed

in a warning message when changes are made to the organizational

assignment.

Note

Feature TEXT1

Above mentioned doc there is no limit but still I'm not getting i think so It's better to raise to SAP or ABAPER...!

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

Pl. create those nodes again and check that error coming and send those screen shot then we can able to find out the root cause for this and if no error coming then Problem in those 9 nodes assignment or any.

0 Kudos

Dear Kedhar,

i have copied the abkrs feature to zfeature and i tried to activate feature,it was shown error.

if i delete any few nodes among all. then it is getting activated. again if i add few nodes it is showing error. i think it is not the issue with decision tree.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

Did you raise to SAP & inform to ABAPER ?

Ur's Mohan

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

Have you perform a syntax check (Cntrl+F2) on your feature to ensure everything is correct before you try to save? Also, I see that after the MOLGA check, you have put a check on the Employee Group but you are not differentiating the rule based on EG (there is only "Otherwise" node under EG) and thus that node can be removed if it is not being used.

Also in your last "Otherwise" node, I see a return value of "RPCADD00". What is that for? Its not a correct return value for this feature and thus it may be giving you the problem. Remove it.

Regards

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have added and what is the Error screen, can you paste here. We can't able to understand until you paste your screen shot.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya ,

Yes there is limitation for nodes.