cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chartbook page numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have currently started an implementation of Orgchart 4.0 SP1. We activated the index and page numbers in the header and footer section for the chartbook tool. As you can see from the file attached, the index shows the reference numbers of each page in regular numbers (1,2,3....etc.) but the page numbers used for each page are the roman numbers (I,II,III,IV,V...).

Where can I change this setting switching on the normal numbers?

Thanks for the support.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea.

From what I've seen ChartBook usually uses Roman numerals for the intro/meta pages at the start/end and regular numbers for the actual content. 

See this example ChartBook.  Do you have the same with regular numbers for the chart pages?

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to set ChartBook to use regular numbers throughout the whole ChartBook.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, first of all...thanks for your quick answer.

I checked but I see roman numbers also in the other pages.

Do you know if we can fix it or not?

Thanks so much.

Andrea

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea.

So the OrgChart instance I generated the ChartBook from is hosted by Nakisa for partner use and according to the help is a 4.1 system.  So some time between your build and whatever 4.0 SP1 build they have this looks to have been addressed.  I've checked through the last sets of release notes that Nakisa pushed out for OrgChart, but there's nothing listed for ChartBook.

The last OrgChart version I saw for 4.0 SP1 is 0910053200.  If you are on an earlier version then it could be that this build would resolve it, but it may be that this was resolved in a 4.1 build.

However re-reading your original post I note that you say you've just started to implement OrgChart.  Nakisa have recently released 4.1 SP2 (we're currently helping a client move from SP1 to SP2 to resolve an issue) so I would strongly suggest that you consider implementing this latest version rather than a much older 4.0 release as there are potentially many other features and fixes this will give you.  I would also suggest that you contact SAP/Nakisa via OSS for the latest 4.1 SP2 build rather than sticking with the one available on the SAP Service Marketplace.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on the 0910059100.

In my previous email I was slightly wrong...we have just started to release the chartbook functionality. The first implementation started one year ago.

So now it is not feasible to change release...

Anyway I'll try to open an OSS ticket vs SAP / Nakisa!

Thanks for your support!

Andrea

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay sounds like a good approach to me based on where your system is at.

Do let us know what detail Nakisa come back with as to what version/build addresses this or if there is some secret setting to tweak this.  I did have a look in the XSL for ChartBook earlier and couldn't see anything but sometimes Nakisa do build things in programmatically and I guess this could be one of those occasions.

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)