cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access SAP Netweaver Administrator with trial

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up a trial of SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP & SAP Business Warehouse 7.4 SP8 on SAP HANA 1.0 SP8 [Developer Edition] and am currently attempting to set up a trusted provider for SAML 2.0 Single Sign On for testing purposes.

I have found articles such as this one - SAP NetWeaver Administrator - Administration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library, that explains that to access the administrator, you use the URI format of http://<host>:<port>/nwa. How do you find "the host where the AS Java is installed"[host] or "HTTP port of the ICM"[port] in this trial version - or is this included with the trial version?

This article explains how to set up an AS server - , but you need a SAP Service Marketplace login, which appears to need a non-trial installation number. Is this required to get access to SAP Netweaver Administrator?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have set up a trial instance of SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP BW 7.50 SP02 on SAP ASE 16.0 on SAP CAL.

I activate the instance and I enabled the access points with the port access.

But when I try to ping to the external IP address I don't get any response.

I tried to suspend and reactivate my instance and even to reboot my instance without any luck.

Please can anyone help on this issue.

Thanks in advance

José Carneiro

0 Kudos

Hello,

The ideia is also to acces to the SAP Netweaver instance using administrator user, by Windows Remote Desktop Connection.

I tried to look about the video link but it is private.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

as far as I know, for SAML 2.0 still an AS Java system is required:

Single Sign-On with SAML 2.0 and ABAP Systems Supporting SAP Logon Tickets - Security and Identity M...

The ABAP & BW on HANA developer edition is an ABAP-only system. Thus, you may want to look for a suitable trial in the CAL library.

Best regards,

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Do you, or any of your colleagues, know is there an AS Java solution available on trial in the CAL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

here's a list of all trials offered as virtual appliances by SAP CAL:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47930

Maybe you could try the BW 7.4 incl. usage type BI Java on MaxDB trial.

Best regards,

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your help. I presume this trial isn't an option if you don't already have SAP installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

even if you don't have SAP installed this trial version should be ok. It comes with AS ABAP on MaxDB and an AS Java for the BI Java components. You can get the required technical licenses from www.sap.com/minisap.

Best regards,

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

So when I click "Connect" after setting up the instance, I have several options:

The Web option leads to a "Webpage not available" error.

The SAP options download a .SAP file.

How do I connect to the instance - what am I missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

unfortunaly, it seems that SAP CAL has revoked this trial solution. If you already have an instance running, please refer to the attached solution guide, which explains in detail how to connect to your AWS instance and check if your SAP system is running correctly.

Best regards,

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I have followed this guide and it the instance looks to be running correctly (status is active). The instructions on how to connect to the instance are less than clear. It states that

"For the Windows OS (32 bit and 64 bit) you can find the SAPGUI software package on the server at:

 /sapmnt/A4H/custom/SAP_GUI_for_Windows_7.30_Patchlevel_4_Hotfix_1_for

_SAP_SCN_(Trial)_20130611_0830.exe"

However, it has not stated to connect to the server and a remote desktop to the IP addresses listed on the instance fails (as do pings to the IP). So how does one connect?

Also what do you mean by "SAP CAL has revoked this trial solution"? Is it still on CAL and shouldn't be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

you need access to your AWS instance on OS level. For that you need the key pair of your instance (download it in the CAL console) and an SSH or SCP client like PuTTY or WinSCP (on Windows). You can watch this video tutorial explaining the required steps. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christopher

Answers (0)