cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel Categorization with million of subcategories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

using the SAP CRM Web UI 7.40 with the role IC Service Manager, is it possible to implement a multilevel categorization scheme with about 25.000.000 to 250.000.000 subcategories?

When we implement the given categorization, the system dumps with the exception of "SYSTEM OUT OF MEMORY" in the transaction ST22.

Are there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved the issue creating new custom fields. Standard Sap seems doesn't support so big numbers for categorization, even with the background job (with our system possibilities).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case what is the difference between Attributive Categorization or Hierarchical as Logical Structure?

And the difference between Autorization mode AND/OR?

Thanks.

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a report to do it from file upload.

Prepare the excel with all level of categories and then create the schema with report.

I did this earlier and it was super fast.

I am not sure about the million volume as my volumes were only in thousands.

Regards,

Naresh

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through UI it is not possible.Since the data is huge it is not possible through UI  you will get time out error,

There are some standard programs are there, Use the program and schedule in background. For more details please check the link-Multilevel Categorization - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki