cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding search attributes for Central Search / TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to be able to search accounts by Tax Number in Central Search / Simple Search. But I'm not sure how to do this.

The tax number is located in GenIL model, this attribute is located in the BP Component Model > BuilHeader (Root Object) > Relations > BuilTaxNumberRel (Aggregation) > BuilTaxNumber > CRMT_BUPA_IL_TAX (attribute structure)

In ESH_MODELER, I created a new "ZCRM" software component, I included the BBPCRM software component and under ZCRM > BBPCRM > [CRM] > [CRM-MD] > [CRM-MD-BP] > CRM_ACCOUNT, I added the BUILTAXNUMBER node (in Edit > Step 3 "Node relations"). It does't seem to be enough, as search doesn't give any result.

What do I have to do? Do I have to implement a BAdI? Do I have to modify the CRM_ACCOUNT_ESSearch dynamic query object (model component: CRM_ES) to add the Tax Number attribute?

What I don't understand is that in ESH_MODELER we work with the BuilHeader and BuilTaxNumber root objects, although in SPRO > Customer Relationship Management > UI Framework > Technical Role Definition > Define Central Search, we define the CRM_ACCOUNT_ESSearch as the dynamic search object. That is really confusing, especially as there is no proper documentation related to ESH_MODELER.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mathieu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem fixed

I don't really know if the problem has been fixed thanks to the keys I changed in step 2 "Model Nodes" (I think I already tried in the past the combination that is working today) or if it has been fixed by the SAP notes we recently applied.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update! oh..those mysteries of the SAP world...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, I'm not sure to understand how to add the attribute in the result list view. I know I have to enhance the CRM_ES_UI_APPL/AccountESResult component/biew, but do I have to first update the CRM_ACCOUNT_ESResult GenIL object? If yes, how?

I tried to run the CRM_ES_STRUC_GEN report, but at the end it tries to modify the standard structure and therefore ask me for an access key, which I don't want to provide unless I'm sure that's the right way to go. And anyway, I'm not sure this is still required in EHP3 SP06.

So if someone could explain how to add an attribute in the result view (I'm talking about attribute that is NOT available in standard in CRM_ACCOUNT_ESResult), it would be really helpful

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathieu,

In this blog I have described what I did do enhance the enterprise search for contact persons in CRM 7.0 EHP1:

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, and thank you for your help.

If I remember well, I did see your blog post in the past, but when I launch CRM_ES_WB, I get a message telling that the transaction is oblsolete and that I should use ESH_MODELER instead.

Are you saying that if we want it to work as expected, we should not take this message into account and use both CRM_ES_WB and ESH_MODELER? In other words, isn't there a way to make it work by using ESH_MODELER only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a few OSS-messages and got valuable information from an SAP employee. Among others she told us that until EHP1 it is done as I descibed it and with EHP2 - which my then customer did not use at that time - only EHS_MODELER needs to be used. But I never did these activities with EHP 2 or 3 by myself anymore.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, we are using EHP3, so we should use ESH_MODELER only. If you have any documentation about adding fields using ESH_MODELER only, don't hesitate to tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm desperatly looking for help on this subject

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never dealt with that, and here comes the stupid question of the day but... did you search on the Sap marketplace using the string  ESH_MODELER? there's more than 190 hits, maybe one of those is a FAQ or something like that...

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did, but I didn' find any link that could help me

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the note 1950354 - Enable Business Objects (BO) to Perform Search in Attachments ? I know is a different topic, but maybe give you some hint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, but for me I did everything described in the note (except the GUI modification part, as it will be the next step once indexing / searching of additional attributes will work).

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I can't assist you further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody?