cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import / Restore missing SC dependencies

0 Kudos

Hello.

Due to some misclicks, I ended up deleting a DTR Track dedicated to some CAF development.

I created it again, transported the initial activity and it looked at first like everything was fine, no harm done; but then I realized the CBS was not able to built the DCs because dependency sap standard SCs were missing for both dev and cons build spaces.

From what I read so far, somehow I have to import or restore the missing SCs but I don't know how to do it, I'm new to NWDI and the more I read to solve this issue, the more complicated it gets.

I have some questions I'd like the community help me to answers:

1. Do I really need to re-import the SCs? Is it possible to use/restore the ones that were used before the track was deleted?

2. If I have to import the SCs, can I find them in my server? Or do I have to download them from the marketplace?

3. Were in the marketplace I can find these SCs?

4. How do I import them? In NWDS even with NWDI administrator user, the import command is disabled.

I'm working with a SAP NetWeaver 7.31 landscape and the missing SCs are the ones the following image shows in blue.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help I can get.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.yes,

2.go to the checkin tab, if you see some sc listed there, just import them, if not, ask basis to put them in the inbox folder

3 ask basis to do it, usually all the sc are available locally as they are downloaded and used to install your nw java server.

4.after SCs are placed in the inbox folder, nwdi admin can import them in  cms web ui.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jun, your answers were very helpful.

Everything is fine now with my development track.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I'll add here some tips in case someone as new to NWDI as me ever face the same or a similar problem.

You will need to know where your transport directory is:

In CMS web UI enter the Landscape Configurator and check the Domain Data. The Transport Directory is configured here.

You will find the SCAs in the directory configured in that field, but that directory is not your track inbox, you will find it in the track check in configuration in the transport studio.

Enter the Transport Studio, choose the issued track and clic the Check-In tab, there you will see the Configure Check-In button, a dialog will open whe you press it.

The Note at the beggining is very clear, it says where is your inbox in the filesystem. Usually the path is as follows: "Transport Directory + CMS + directory name".

Here you can even add your own directory names if you want different inboxes for each track. Only make sure the directory exists in the file system and it has proper permissions and owner.

Once you know where your inbox is, you only need to copy the SCAs there, from your transport directory. They will appear in the Check-In tab in the track of the Transport Studio.

Follow the chain and everything will be fine: check in the SCAs, import them in the Development tab to solve broken DCs in the dev Build Space and import them in Consolidation tab to solve broken DCs in cons Build Space.

Finally, create the development configuration from SLD in Development Infrastructure perspective in NWDS (if you already have it, better remove it and create it again). SCs will sync seamlessly and DCs will build without any problem.