cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional formatting - local members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a sheet with multiple dynamic reports, with local members which act as the headers of the row axis. For this reason I can't apply a format different for my headers (local members) as they are recognized as data. Is there a way to make a different format for the subtotal sort&grouping which recognizes the headers?

I attach an image of how I want my report to look like.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are talking about local members formatting! Just use conditional formatting checking fixed City column (for example $E) and variable row for the text "subtotal"

Variable row was explained today here:

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

when I use conditional formatting I can't get different formats in the same row depending of a condition,

Please see attachments to understand whan I want to achieve (SAP1) and what I get back (SAP2).

Thanks,

Edit: Sorry, but with he subtotal text also in bold. I can get the format of the attachment SAP1 with normal dynamic formatting, but is it possible to get the SUBTOTAL text in bold too?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, you can add conditions for particular columns like:

=AND(COLUMN()>=3;COLUMN()<=5)

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should the condition be like?:

IF(AND($F119 = "SUBTOTAL";COLUMN()=11);TRUE;FALSE)

It doesn't work for me. What is incorrect?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF is not necessary:

=AND($F119 = "SUBTOTAL";COLUMN()=11)

But is 119 is a correct row number on the formatting sheet? I am talking about conditional formatting formula you apply to the local member default format in the formatting sheet.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I apply this condition, I then loose the format of all the row!

Can I appply multiple conditions for the same local member row?

This is what returns:

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can apply multiple conditional formats with different conditions on the local member default format on the formatting sheet! Result:

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaguer,

you can apply the formatting from EPMFormattingSheet, first apply the formatting on only the data(not header) part of local member subtotal in row, then add 3 more formatting below for combination for only in data (not header)

i    subtotal and continent

ii   subtotal and country

iii  subtotal and city

and in data part of combination iii you can show text subtotal.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Rishi