cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about delta infopackage and transport

glenn_quinn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am planning to manually initialized the delta on each system, then I will use the process chain to load the delta every day.

My question is the transporting the infopackage itself.   On the infopackage, the setting will be set to delta update on DEV system.   Also, the QA, I haven't set up the delta since the transports had not been released to QA.    When all the transports is released to the QA system, will the infopackage have the delta update setting to be on or it will be something else?   If I manually initialized delta in QA, and will the infopackage in QA will have delta update on or I have to fix it?  Ot it is better to transport the infopackage to QA after I initialized the delta.

Glenn Quinn.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can transport the info packages to the quality or production. The setting would be same as it was before transporting. But yes best practice is to maintain 2 info-package one is for init and other is for delta/full load. In this way you will not have to change the setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glenn,

After Transports you will have to run INIT to enable DELTA.

After doing INIT in QA, you will have the delta enabled. Same for PRD

It is a good practice to create three IPs in DEV system one for INIT, one for DELTA and one for FULL load. Then move all three IPs to QA and PRD.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Amit

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain two info-package at the development level with the settings of init with full load & delta, then you can move those infopackage in QA & PRD. Do the testing in QA level and you can proceed to the production.

Hope this Helps!!!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transport your info pack Qua and prod.

At each server you need do the init and set delta set up.

based on delta pointer next delta load will bring delta records form source.

Thanks