cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Adobe Live cycle Designer and configuring ADS on AS Java 7.3 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to work on Adobe Interactive forms in 7.3 environment, so I have installed AS Java 7.3 server along with ADS.

And for additional configuration I have followed the below standard SAP help document as below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/69/a633254b6e47e6aa379e68e36eb66d/content.htm?frame...

and installed Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.0 installation (SAP Note 1522483) on the laptop to develop interactive forms using NWDS.

Can you please let me know if there is any additional configuration  needed to perform before I start the development as I'm seeing that there is

AS ABAP system also and configuration using SM59 and SICF etc.. ()

We are just developing Adobe forms to generate PDF's and we are not interacting any ECC/SRM/CRM systems. All back-end data we are getting is from Terra Data and Oracle.

Appreciate if you could advice on further steps.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you are good to go

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fingers crossed  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I'm getting below error, checked the server configuration and as I'm not using any Interactive forums so I have nor configured "Applying a Reader Rights Credential to PDF Forms" I'm developing  ZCI based forums as per the note I made all the configurations SAP Note 1055911 - Creating ZCI based interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java.

Can you please help to narrow-down the issue?

Step-1: In NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS), set the "displayType"

property of your Interactive Form UI element to "native"

instead of "activex".

Step-2: Use the Web Dynpro specific controls from the "Web Dynpro

Native" library to design your interactive form.

Step-3: When the application is developed completely, build and deploy

the application on SAP J2ee engine.

Step-4: Run the application without having the ACF installed on the

browser machine.

500   Internal Server ErrorSAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.adobe.pdfobject.base.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "UsageRights" operation. Request start time: Sun Oct 12 18:38:31 PDT 2014 com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Could not retrieve credential for alias: ReaderRights Exception Stack Trace: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Could not retrieve credential for alias: ReaderRights at com.adobe.ads.request.ADSRequest.processOperations(Unknown Source) at com.adobe.ads.request.ADSRequest.process(Unknown Source) at com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.processRequest(Unknown Source) at com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.rpData(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:47) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_MethodRetry.invoke(Interceptors_MethodRetry.java:46) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177) at

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u import the certificate from sap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun, Thanks for the reply.

I'm just deploying the web dynpro java (non-interactive ) forms from NWDS 7.3 to AS Java 7.3 which does not require to connect ECC, so I have not imported any certificate from SAP ECC/ any other SAP system.

Please let me know if I need to import either way? If yes, then which system certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the note# 736902, it does not require to configure the usage rights, not sure if it is going to help, however I have raised a request to SAP to get the ADSUSER credentials. Will apply the note and update the post.

Thanks for your inputs. 

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't know how you read this note, what make you feel it is not required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is working fine after applying the above note. Thank you Jun.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good to know that,

please set it as answered.

Answers (0)